G O S S A M E R .
MEMBERS
CHATBOX
TAGBOX
SEARCH
WELCOME TO OUR MULTIVERSE.
You've slipped through the ephemeral veil of gossamer that separates your own world from ours. It is a train which mysteriously brought you here. These trains also serve as our lifeblood by interconnecting our six dimensions.

Hialao is the nucleus, a modern, sunny and hospitable seaside realm; Wildewall is steeped in tradition, good for those with archaic roots and a taste for wilderness; Elestis is the fantasy land of ever-tumbling magic and whimsical imagination; Parse whirs like the massive digital machine that it is, advanced and technological.

Barrows is the breeding ground of chaos, with refrains of grunge and anachronistic crime; Tethya is the small but glorious underwater world reminiscent of Victorian times; and those who don't feel at home in any of these places, or simply like to wander, are known as Drifters.

We're a panfandom roleplay forum for animated and illustrated media: this includes anime, manga, Western animation and comics, video games, visual novels, and more. We are hosted on Jcink Premium and are over 3 and a half years old. Please register in ALL CAPITALS!

THE TAGBOX.

Add Reply
New Poll

Us Experiments Have to Stick Together, Tag - Shadow the Hedgehog
I KNOW, I KNOW. BUT TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT. SHE HITS YOU, YOU HIT HER. SUDDENLY WE’RE ALL HITTING EACH OTHER, THEN WE’LL ALL BE RIGHT BACK WHERE WE STARTED.
The Powerpuff Girls
Human
Vigilante
Tiger (She/Her)
She/Her
Buttercup had learnt what this river thing was full of now.

She had wondered what the substance was as it clearly wasn't water, she might not have been as good at science as Blossom but it was blatantly obvious it was different. While she could have found out a lot earlier, she didn't want to pose the question to her house mate Zim. That would just have made her look weird and stupid, because now that she knew what it was, Buttercup felt a little bit silly. Where did she think all their power came from, duh! So now that she was aware of just how important this place was, Buttercup had decided that she would patrol there for a little bit, just to make sure that nobody was going to try and steal any of the precious fuel that the city needed to keep running. When she'd asked someone about the nectar, they'd told her that people from the slums tried to steal it quite a lot. Well not on her watch!

As she floated about the area, making sure to keep her gaze trained on the domes which encased the nectar, stopping it from being stolen right away, Buttercup dwelt on how good of a time she was having here. She was working in that sporting goods shop as often as she could, because she didn't like the fact that Zim earned a lot more than she did. She was obviously more talented and could earn more than she was right now, so she put in a lot of extra hours where they were available. While it wasn't hero work, it was kind of nice in it's own little way. Of course she hadn't stopped her patrols in her spare time. People told her that the robots would police the streets, that the detectives would do their jobs and she didn't need to do this, but they couldn't have been more wrong!

Being a hero was in her blood, she couldn't just sit back and let bad guys get away with their dastardly plots just because she was having a good time in other parts of her life. That would be irresponsible. If she could only help one person each night she was out on the streets, then it was time well spent in her mind. Buttercup liked to be able to use her powers to help people out, it was better than just wasting them doing nothing or boring every day things, or worse yet, deciding that she was going to go ahead and become a villain. Ugh, villains were the worst. All they did was hurt other people and what was really bad was that they seemed to enjoy it. The very idea that she could ever use her powers to hurt someone who wasn't a villain made Buttercup feel a little sick inside.

Huffing to herself as the area continued to seem clear of people trying to break into the pipes and steal the fuel, Buttercup continued on with her search. She almost didn't see the figure in the shadows, considering the night had fallen just a little while ago, but her green trail of light she left behind her did a great job of casting light over them so she could see their outline. Well, she'd never seen anyone who looked quite like that before! He...looked like a hedgehog, only taller and fluffier. Buttercup zipped right up close to him, hovering about a foot away as she began to speak;

"What are you doin' here?" she asked with a frown on her face, pointing her finger at the person before her "It best not be any funny business, or you'll have me to deal with!"

us experiments have to stick together
@SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG / 628 / enjoy!
If the world chooses to become my enemy, I will fight like I always have!
Sonic the Hedgehog
Hedgehog/alien hybrid
odd jobber
Lavender (any, player is female)
he/him

Dark. That's what it was within the junkyard. So very dark, in fact, that only someone with enhanced vision would be able to see through it - into the depths of the area and see the trailing rivers of nectar. But despite the fact that sight had been stolen for the night time, the whispers still remained of the tales of the energy provided and what it may be able to do if thrust upon the wrong hands. Darkness, then, would not be a deterrent, but in fact an asset for those who wanted to sneak in to steal some for their own usage. After all, no one would be able to uncover them within the depths of night, and the robots would not follow them. While robots did not suffer from the same limitations as the ordinary day-dwelling being, they certainly had a few additional hiccups within their works.

Through the slough did Shadow trudge, drawn in enough by the rumors to be curious enough to investigate the area. Technology naturally made Shadow feel right at home; it activated a dormant sense for the hedgehog, developed when he was grown within the space colony ARK. Computers and gadgets and gizmos lined the walls and his ears became accustomed to the consistent beeping that would result from the computers "thinking", as Professor Gerald Robotnik would often tell him. Computers "think" louder than humans because of how many processes they need to do at once, and computers aren't built to handle so many as well as humans are, he'd said. Whatever they did, it made a low hum that stayed consistently within the background of Shadow's life, so it was almost disconcerting to have that stripped when he finally made it to Earth. It only filled him with greater relief when he found himself on the space colony ARK again for his plot of misdeeds, simply so he could hear the machine powering the Eclipse Cannon in the background in a kind of familiarity that eased a clamp on his stomach he didn't know was there.

It was only natural, then, that Parse brought to him a kind of peace that no other dimension could. And further, it was only natural that Shadow wanted to be well acquainted with his home and even felt like exploring it in the first place. The ease that it brought about made it even easier to think about what may lay within its belly; and in this case, it only made sense that the nectar rumors attracted him as they had. After all, if this fluid ran the whole entire system, it would only benefit him to understand it better. He thought better of stealing it, of course, but he might be able to ask one of the robots there, or maybe go into one of the offices to find a worker who would tell him.

For the time being, though, he allowed himself to be content to watch the flow of the river, appealed by the way the small light glinted off its surface. Despite not being clear like normal water was, it held a kind of mystique to it that begged you to swim in it. Shadow even found himself crouching near it a time or two as the temptation to take his glove off and allow his fingers to run through it hit him, but he held himself back on the principle that it would look like he was a common thief again if he'd gotten caught.

A good thing he'd reconsidered it, too, when a voice from behind him made him stiffen, catching him off guard as the hybrid turned to see...

...a...girl...? A very young teen girl, at that. Shadow frowned; what was she doing here?

Apparently, the girl didn't feel as out of place as she looked, because she didn't waste any time in asking him what he was doing there and...threatening him? Shadow had to bite back a laugh and instead blinked at that. He kind of doubted that this girl was any threat to him, and he showed as much when his shoulders relaxed. Still... That took moxie. Shadow could respect moxie.

It almost reminded him of Sonic and his friends, in a way.

Well, better be forthright and honest. ❝I'm here because I heard rumors about a substance called 'nectar' being in rivulets here,❞ he informed her coolly. ❝I wanted to see it for myself. How about you? It's awfully late; I didn't expect to see anyone else out here.❞ He was hardly going to accuse a thirteen year old girl of theft. And given how jumpy she was on him, he doubted that she would've had the idea to begin with. Maybe she thought she could be a vigilante of sorts for the area.

She was pretty lucky he had no 'funny business' in mind, in that case.

we all want love, we all want honor
nobody wants to pay the
asking price. . .
I KNOW, I KNOW. BUT TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT. SHE HITS YOU, YOU HIT HER. SUDDENLY WE’RE ALL HITTING EACH OTHER, THEN WE’LL ALL BE RIGHT BACK WHERE WE STARTED.
The Powerpuff Girls
Human
Vigilante
Tiger (She/Her)
She/Her
Buttercup hummed in contemplation, her eyes narrowing as she stared at the hedgehog type creature before her wondering if he was really telling the truth or not. She supposed he might be. After all she hadn't caught him doing anything wrong, he was just out here looking at the nectar, he didn't have any big canisters full of it or anything with him either, so it wasn't as if he had stolen some before she had come across him. While she was still a little suspicious, Buttercup decided that she wouldn't keep on the aggressive stance she had taken when she had first spoken to him. Something she had learnt from her friends while here was that, people often thought aggression meant that she was going to fight them. While she wouldn't be adverse to a little combat practice with anyone, she was always keen to show off her strength after all, she didn't want to make people nervous when they didn't deserve it.

So she altered her stance, keeping her arms loose by her side and bobbing a little closer to the person still hovering above the ground in her normal manner. It was very rare that she actually walked anywhere. Especially while she was here and surrounded by so many strange and unusual people. A girl floating around was the least interesting thing to see!

"Yeah this is where all the nectar is, the thing that powers the city. Looks pretty cool doesn't it?" she asked, totally not finding the fact that she was striking up a conversation in the middle of the night with a strange person she barely knew, in front of a river of an energy source and not too far from a slum full of people who wanted to steal it. Buttercup acted as if this was the most normal thing in the world and neither her tone of voice nor her expression suggested that she was concerned or even mildly suspicious of the person she was talking to. She still was, inside, but considering they seemed to simply be here to admire the lovely scenery, Buttercup thought she might as well talk to them. It was boring flying around here on patrol all by herself.

"It is pretty late but, nobody is gonna come and steal any of this stuff in the middle of the day. Besides, it barely bothers me, sleep is for the weak! There's no time for rest when criminals are sulking about, I've gotta make sure I do my part to keep this nectar in that lake where it belongs." Buttercup announced in a firm and confident tone, emphasised by a nod of her head "I'm Buttercup, by the way. The strongest and the fastest member of the Powerpuff Girls, that was my super hero team back home. But you don't stop being a hero just because you live somewhere else! Nope! So I'm here making sure everything's as it should be." She was a little curious about the person she was talking to, but, right now she was too busy explaining how awesome she was and about her presence here to actually ask any questions.

us experiments have to stick together
@SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG / 534 / enjoy!
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE AND CAUTION
READ THE CBOX RULES. KEEP IT PG-13.