http://i.imgur.com/14BWPig.png
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register!
Hello, and welcome to GOSSAMER! If you're reading this, you either haven't logged in, or you haven't joined our game! Interested? Take a look around, read our information, and consider registering. We've been around a long time and will continue to be; we're here for you.

Gossamer is a panfandom roleplay forum for animated and illustrated media: this includes anime, manga, Western animation and comics, video games, visual novels, and more. We are hosted on Jcink Premium and are over 3 years old. Please register in ALL CAPITALS.

Add Reply
New Poll

Ambush on The Artist, Tag: Selkie
SHIGURE
 Posted: Feb 7 2017, 10:08 PM
SHIGURE
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
32 Post(s)
elestis
FIRE EMBLEM FATES
HUMAN
EIGHTEEN
HE/HIM/HIS
FREE-LANCE SINGER/ARTIST
"No matter the song, it's all music to me!"
as written by AETHER
HE/HIM/HIS

I Won't Be Scared!
"An encore? If you insist!"
Shigure never liked taking this route. His lance in-hand, Shigure road his pegasus on the ground, pulling a covered cart full of his newest paintings. He started to wonder how someone even had started a small village for people like him that had a main route through 'The Vines' - even more obscure was that he even had to travel through 'The Bone Room', which looked exactly how the name described it.

It was the one place in this cave he would never consider stopping at. It was famed for the treasures you could loot off the dead - but the constant danger of feuding in such a narrow part of a cave wasn't looking in Shigure's favor when he was alone. But he had to get some money - or else who knows how hungry he and his pegasus would be if they didn't get some decent money from Shigure's paintings?! His village was small, but full of rude landowners wanting money.

It was probably part of the reason nobody cared to even seek out the small village. Scary route, scarier taxes, and down-right creepy corporate greed. Still, this was easier to get lost in thought in than the many dangers ahead. He also hummed a bit to calm himself, but he wondered how this many bones could be in one place. Shigure suddenly fell to the ground, seeing a magical spell had been cast where he was sitting atop of his pegasus.

Luckily only Shigure was hurt, and he was in a position to easily get up, blocking an arrow aimed at his weighed-down pegasus by attacking the projectile with his lance. "Vile thieves! Can you find anything on your own?! Or are all of you wimpy vultures - waiting until you can snatch another's work?!" Shigure gave a small lecture, before being hit by the same spell that knocked him down not even a minute before. That didn't work.

"Fine! If you won't bow out, I shall use every song in my book!" He shouted. He realized it sounded cooler in his head after hearing the bandits laugh before any of them that had remained unarmed had a weapon. Shigure had taken on rogues before, but never alone - or at least wasn't this badly-outnumbered. He put on a brave face and started attacking the thieves, though quickly found himself on the ground yet again - with his lance broken. He wasn't calm at that moment - he knew one day he'd meet his fate - but not as a peaceful tradesman. Though it was fitting - dying in a room filled with skeletons.

@SELKIE

below the sun
^
SELKIE
 Posted: Feb 9 2017, 02:06 PM
SELKIE
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
48 Post(s)
drifter
FIRE EMBLEM: FATES
NINE-TAILS
FIFTEEN
she/her
adventurer / odd-jobber
I hope we'll still be chasing squirrels together when we're a hundred years old!
as written by AKEMI
she/her

tonight
the foxes hunt the hounds
Ever since the first time she'd been down in the Room of Bones, Selkie had felt the adventurer's itch to go back. Her initial visit had been cut short when she'd found a boy in danger, being kidnapped by some kind of creepy tentacle monster. She had never been one to stand around and watch while other people were getting hurt, so she'd taken the fight to the gelatinous beast and... ripped it apart, basically. It had been a lot more brutal than her fighting tended to be, because of the urgency and because an innocent's life was in danger. He'd still been pretty beaten up even with her intervention, and until she'd gotten lost, she'd carried him on her back in beast form because he didn't look capable of walking.

Since she'd had to take him away from the Room of Bones, she hadn't really gotten any exploring done. Rumors said that there were tons and tons of treasure hidden down there, if only you could find it. Gold coins and all sorts of weapons and even jewels! Selkie wouldn't mind finding a couple jewels to take to Velouria; the wolfgirl liked shiny things and treasure even more than Selkie did. And Velly had more responsibilities than she did so far - she was just a drifter, taking jobs here and there as she needed or wanted to in order to get a little pocket money. Food wasn't a problem, since she could just catch it herself, and she was perfectly content to sleep in tree branches or under bushes or out beneath the open sky. Velly had an actual job as a night guardian in Elestis and so she had a little bit less free time.

No sooner did she reach the Room of Bones - getting back was easy after she'd been there before - then she heard a bunch of shouting. Oh, no. Was she gonna have to go save someone's life again? Not that that was a bad thing, saving people, but.. she'd sort of been hoping that nobody would be down here. That would make hunting for treasure easier, since she wouldn't have to worry about protecting anyone else from whatever baddies were guarding all the shinies.

As she ran, she focused, touching her beaststone and slipping into the form of the nine-tailed kitsune. She could move leaps and bounds faster on four legs rather than two. And what she found inside - a familiar blue-haired singer, on the ground, his lance broken to pieces, with four or five bandits standing over him. Shigure! What was her cousin doing down here? Well, that didn't matter right now.

Powerful hind legs launched the fox into the air, sailing right over Shigure's head to land on top of what looked like the head honcho, the baddest of the bandits, who was carrying a wicked-looking sword. The force of the impact made him let go of the weapon and it clattered to the ground in her cousin's reach. Hopefully he'd pick it up and lend her a hand so they could take care of these guys quick.

^
SHIGURE
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 09:06 AM
SHIGURE
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
32 Post(s)
elestis
FIRE EMBLEM FATES
HUMAN
EIGHTEEN
HE/HIM/HIS
FREE-LANCE SINGER/ARTIST
as written by AETHER
HE/HIM/HIS

I Won't Be Scared
"Let's do this."
Shigure had a smirk on his face. That Kaden guy must've gotten here - and probably came looking for a dust bunny or something weird to collect. In Nestra, he did get to know Kaden a little bit and even saw his combat style. But something about him was different. He shook his head, breaking himself out of his confusion, noticing 'Kaden' had killed a foe for Shigure to quickly loot. He threw the only part of his lance remaining in his hand as a distraction to pick up the dead man's sword - and fight!

Shigure had only witnessed the swordsmanship of Corrin and a few others that had backed her up, and the weirdness of not having a two-hand grip for easier blocking was a bit alarming. No wonder he had plowed through enemies fighting with swords back home! He found himself slashing the sword like a trainee, but between their new contender and now Shigure was rearmed, it was a sealed win. Shigure wanted to thank the kitsune and reintroduce himself in case he came from before he joined Corrin's resistance during the battle of Nestra, but instead saw a girl who looked like Kaden's niece or younger sister.

"Hello. I am thankful for that assist. I am Shigure - a humble man of the arts right now. I think I may have met someone like you before - do you know of a kitsune named Kaden? He has a horrible tendency of getting lost..." Shigure asked, expanding the last syllable in 'lost'. If she didn't know Kaden, oh well. But it he still found whoever this is to be trained as if they'd be learned on major parts of the body to attack - like something Lady Sakura or Lady Elise would know - given their experience healing others. Wait - that highlight in her hair is the exact same color as Lady Sakura's! Shigure had his arms folded, trying not to laugh at the coincidences this kitsune had to both Kaden and Lady Sakura.

below the sun
^
SELKIE
 Posted: Feb 14 2017, 06:10 PM
SELKIE
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
48 Post(s)
drifter
NINE-TAILS
FIFTEEN
she/her
adventurer / odd-jobber
I hope we'll still be chasing squirrels together when we're a hundred years old!
as written by AKEMI
she/her

tonight
Wonderful! As soon as she'd taken the man down, Shigure had tossed away his broken lance, grabbed the sword, and joined her. In just a couple minutes, the fighting was over, and the fox was sitting on the chest of the man she'd just knocked the wind out of and bashed against the bone floor, her tails waving. After she was certain all of their enemies were down, she padded a few steps away and turned back into her human form, stretching. There was always a brief readjustment period when it felt strange to be standing on two feet instead of four.

Now, what was he doing introducing himself like she didn't know who he was? Dammit, what was up with this? First Takumi hadn't recognized her, and now Shigure didn't either? That was so weird. At least Velouria had had the decency to know who she was... Shaking her head, she replied, "Yeah, he's my dad. And my mom is Lady Sakura, so I'm basically a princess. My name's Selkie!" And she struck a pose, hands on hips, ears perked up, tail waving. She wasn't going to bother explaining to him that she already knew who he was right now, that'd just be confusing since he clearly didn't know who she was.

"What are you doing down here? Don't you know it's dangerous? This is the second time I've had to rescue somebody in this bone room!" she scolded him, knowing that if anything had happened to Shigure here, Azura would have been devastated. She'd been pretty close to the singer because she was married to Takumi, who was, of course, Selkie's favorite uncle. Ryoma was pretty cool, but he was no Takumi. "Better not find another tentacle monster, too..."

^
SHIGURE
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 12:13 AM
SHIGURE
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
32 Post(s)
elestis
FIRE EMBLEM FATES
HUMAN
EIGHTEEN
HE/HIM/HIS
FREE-LANCE SINGER/ARTIST
as written by AETHER
HE/HIM/HIS

I Won't Be Scared!
"What are you doing all the way out here, anyway?"
"Oh. I'm so sorry! So you're Lady Sakura's daughter? Well, I guess it all makes sense - your strand of light red hair, your fighting style, and your personality. Both Kaden and Lady Sakura were cheery. Or at least Lady Sakura would pretend to be, even when she was scared in a fight." Shigure replied to the girl. Still, she was acting awfully attached, but which he found mysterious (but he was just gonna let the tentacle thing be).

Also, with the aura she had of her cheeriness, there was the fact that Selkie had just saved his life when she could've just left him to die. But there was a part of him that was skeptical. He remembered the stories Azura had told him about one realm where children from realms where either Nohr or Hoshido won the war had been unified by a mysterious prince. But folklore aside, she seemed genuine. "I thank you, Lady Selkie." Shigure took a bow for the kitsune.

"But mind telling me why you just went out of your way to help? It's not like I am anyone special. If you don't mind filling me in, I'd love to hear more - though probably in a safer place than an infamous place for brigands to be." Shigure started to try and give her a warm smile. "The last thing I remember was Nestria, where Nohr and Hoshido blamed the other kingdom. Lady Elise and Sakura had healed your father and Keaton. I had just been come out of my Deeprealm, though I forget who my father was..." Shigure started his explanation as he started to lead his cart of valuables down the room.

@SELKIE

below the sun
^
SELKIE
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 02:41 PM
SELKIE
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
48 Post(s)
drifter
NINE-TAILS
FIFTEEN
she/her
adventurer / odd-jobber
as written by AKEMI
she/her

tonight
Selkie gave him a nod. "Yup, that's right! And you're Azura's son," she responded, hands on hips. Well, at least he knew her parents, right? It wasn't as if he was completely ignorant about everything. She didn't understand how all these people from her world were coming over and not knowing what had happened. The only one she'd met that was able to confirm all the same details as Selkie knew was Velouria.

"Hey, hey, no need to bow. I was just doing my job!" She viewed the protection of everybody in Corrin's army as her job - but especially the kids, the ones born of the same circumstances as Selkie, the ones that were still able to let loose and have fun and play. The shadow of war hung over all of them, but they'd never let it get in the way of their companionship like some of the older fighters had. She was fiercely protective of every single one of her companions, and even if this Shigure didn't recognize her, he was still her cousin and there was no way she was going to let a bunch of bandits kill him.

"Nobody special?! You're my cousin. Of course you're special, what are you talking about?" she scolded, giving him a light smack on the head. "See, I remember all of that too.. so why don't you know who I am, huh? I remember everything about the adventures we shared, but you didn't even know my name..." And neither had Takumi, for that matter. It was so weird.

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Add Reply
New Poll