G O S S A M E R .
MEMBERS
CHATBOX
TAGBOX
SEARCH
WELCOME TO OUR MULTIVERSE.
You've slipped through the ephemeral veil of gossamer that separates your own world from ours. It is a train which mysteriously brought you here. These trains also serve as our lifeblood by interconnecting our six dimensions.

Hialao is the nucleus, a modern, sunny and hospitable seaside realm; Wildewall is steeped in tradition, good for those with archaic roots and a taste for wilderness; Elestis is the fantasy land of ever-tumbling magic and whimsical imagination; Parse whirs like the massive digital machine that it is, advanced and technological.

Barrows is the breeding ground of chaos, with refrains of grunge and anachronistic crime; Tethya is the small but glorious underwater world reminiscent of Victorian times; and those who don't feel at home in any of these places, or simply like to wander, are known as Drifters.

We're a panfandom roleplay forum for animated and illustrated media: this includes anime, manga, Western animation and comics, video games, visual novels, and more. We are hosted on Jcink Premium and are over 3 and a half years old. Please register in ALL CAPITALS!

THE TAGBOX.

Add Reply
New Poll

SNAPPISH ATTITUDES, HIGASHIKATA JOUSUKE / MISSO
BUT I REFUSE.
JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE
HUMAN
MANGAKA
CAPTAIN (SHE / HER)
HE / HIM
The whimsical dimension was a place where the most bizarre and unrealistic of things became reality. Kishibe Rohan himself was no stranger to oddities -- his years in Morioh often supplied him with reference to his manga, a bit with some danger to his life.

However, there was something... different in reading that fantastical creatures such as dragons or satyrs existed within Elestis, compared to meeting youkai up in some mountains or being almost drowning along with Mister Antonio Trussardi while out poaching for abalone. Children are often taught at a young age that such wild flights of fantasy were fake, unreal, but here they were.

The great mangaka himself was drawn to, at the very least, visit Elestis multiple times if he had too. There was such a great amount of untapped potential for his manga! And while it was less than likely to see a full blown dragon in Pink Dark Boy unless he was to rearrange the mechanics and lore to make such possible -- perhaps as a spiritual guide behind a villain in an arc revolving around the concept of chivalry?

He arrived to the train station in Elestis with his grandmother's bag in hand and a camera in another. While he did not bring his usual large sketchpad, he did bring a smaller journal, safely tucked in the purse along with a few pencils and pens if inspiration had struck him completely. The mangaka saw his first visit more as an opportunist to sight see before he could seriously dive deeper into the odd reality that existed here.

Mhm... Kishibe Rohan, ever the sentimental man (more so than he would have preferred to admit), deeply respected his grandmother. Not many knew of her, or of how he and her husband used to run a hot springs inn back in the days. He missed it, of course, but there was nothing he could do, and there was no way that he was to run the inn. So now, his only memento of her was the bag, and regrettably he had its Stand removed. It was inconvenient for him to be losing money and other valuables on occasion, but truly it was only a sign of his grandmother, still keeping an eye on him, in the afterlife. There was no chance of him discarding this purse at all.

However, never mind his moment of inner reflection, those are often sparse and rare. Rohan was quick to move through Elestis, taking photos of whatever he he thought was extraordinary as a reference for later. He easily moved through the city (and at times taken aback by how there were other people flying), but his feet lead him out of the city entirely, pass the ring of ice, to stand at the shores of Lake Amaranth. He had been forewarned by friendly guards and what he supposed where the hospitality workers in Iscantir about both the city that thrived beneath it and the creatures that lurked under the shifting hues of the water.

Even the Great Kishibe Rohan did not understand how it would have been possible for water to act in such way, but he contented himself to taking multiple photos.

Oh I probably could find me another, but I guess they're all in awe of me. Who cares? I never get lonesome. Cause I treasure my own company.
HIGASHIKATA JOUSUKE
captain.
I'm gonna fix that spaghetti and reduce it to its original ingredients!
jjba: part IV
Human
Student
misso (she/her)
He/Him

"I don't know what you want me to say, young man. You should be looking in Hialao."

True, and Jousuke wasn't even sure precisely what he was looking for. On hiw downtime he went on occasion to other dimensions, mostly with the intent of finding some kind of work. Hialao was the obvious preference, and Elestis was a little too bizarre for his tastes, but hell... what was he gonna do? He couldn't be picky, even though he technically was. He had his options, but they were open indefinitely leaving him time enough to search elsewhere. This place wasn't exactly his couple of tea, and the elderly man he spoke to seemed to pick up on that.

"If you've got nothing, any idea where else I can look?" It was at this question the man had something to say: there were always creatures prancing about on the outside causing trouble for folks. The guards did their best to keep these monsters out of town, but any travelers that tried to go between Iscantir and any outposts on the outside often met with terrible fates. He spoke so ominously, Jousuke could almost feel the chill of his words at the back of his neck. This guy was just made for campfire horror stories.

Jousuke would have to go to a guard for more information (and probably would have to dance around the idea of him going out and doing anything stupid, as the guards probably wouldn't take that too kindly,) but hell, if all he needed to do was take a critter and put it somewhere away from the road and get on someone's good side then why the hell not? He opted to not warn the guards, just in case they tried to stop him or something, and ended up walking down the road towards the lake, a little ill-prepared for what lay in wait there.

It was down by the water that Jousuke could see exactly what that old man was talking about. Below the water's surface lurked a creature he couldn't quote make the form of, but it was big. Possibly bigger than a human, he he couldn't quite tell for sure. He wasn't about to take a dip to find out. Wasn't it a land creature he was told to worry about anyway? There was nothing dangerous about water animals so long as he didn't mess with them in their habitat. Frogs croaked around him. Eugh...

He stepped away from the bank of the lake, wincing at the squish of the damp soil under his shoes... but then he heard another sound. It wasn't your common nature noise, but a click. Curious Jousuke followed the sound and then he saw him. It was unmistakable: the hair, that weird ink pen outfit he liked to wear. Kishibe Rohan.

That's just great, of all the people Jousuke could have run into, it had to be his least favorite person on the planet. But he was taking photos, giving Jousuke an idea. He smiled deviously, creeping in closely and as silently as he could manage. Rohan was too busy focusing on his photography, and failed to notice until Jousuke dove in front of one of the photos just as he pressed the button, staining the picturesque landscape in the photo with his face.

"Whoops, clumsy me!" Jousuke staggered to his feet, but he was never really in any danger of tripping in the first place.

captain.
BUT I REFUSE.
JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE
HUMAN
MANGAKA
CAPTAIN (SHE / HER)
HE / HIM
Rohan fared extremely well in his time in the multiverse. He did, on occasion mind you, miss Koichi, his one friend (and even pondered on how Reimi was in the afterlife). Overall, he didn't think too much of Morioh, and how he did not miss most of the inhabitants. They were his readers, sure, but he had new ones here now. And even if the occasional anxiety struck him that those back at home would have stopped reading his art, there were more people here that reminded him that they too read Pink Dark Boy.

Which was why his heart did not jump in joy in the knowledge that someone he knew was too in this strange, bizarre world. Especially when it was due to who it was.

That childish behavior, the apparent need to disturb him while he was simply doing nothing at all, save for taking photos-- The Higashikata Jousuke he knew from the last seven years following the conclusion of Kira Yoshikage could have ignored him and move on with his life. It was a tentative truce of sorts, and even he was tolerable enough to sit down at a cafe with (if and only if Koichi-kun was there).

This was not the Higashikata he knew.

So Rohan scowled, annoyed at how his photo was ruined -- never mind of he had multiple of the same scenery -- and that he would have to deal with the same shitbag that was reminisant in his shitty behavior seven years ago. As much as Kishibe Rohan thought himself above grudges, he was all too fond of perpetuating them if it was towards a person he loathed. There was no 'being the better' person here.

"Don't you lie to me, Higashikata," The mangaka spoke through gritted teeth. The other didn't even give a proper greeting to someone that was older than him! He was still the same, and Rohan momentarily questioned just why it had to be Higashikata, instead of Koichi-kun. He jabbed an accusing finger toward the student, "You walked purposefully into my camera's range, you shitbag!" It was made all the worse ove the fact that the student feigned to have tripped in the beginning, using it as an excuse.

Oh I probably could find me another, but I guess they're all in awe of me. Who cares? I never get lonesome. Cause I treasure my own company.
captain.

Human
Student
misso (she/her)
He/Him

That was so goddamn like him, flipping out over the most menial of jokes. No wonder this guy couldn’t make any friends. It’d help if he wasn’t so serious all the time, but it would be in everyone’s best interest if he stayed that way. The only thing worse than an introverted asshole who stayed at home was an extroverted asshole that went out of his way to ruin everyone’s day.

… huh. Now that he thought that, he felt a little guilty.

He only did it to Rohan though, so it didn’t count! Honest.

Regardless, his fake tripping seemed to have set off Rohan’s rage-o-meter, and Jousuke, in true Jousuke fashion, just kind of sat there and tuned it out. He wasn’t particularly bothered by Rohan’s outburst and to be perfectly honest if it didn’t happen then he would have been surprised. And maybe a little worried. He consoled the other with a somewhat disingenuous gesture of outstretched palms.

“Chill the hell out, dude. It was a joke but you probably don’t even know what those are, right?” God, out of all the people he could have run into from Morioh, it had to be Rohan. Why not Koichi or friggen Okuyasu? It’d be nice to have the bros around for a change. He wasn’t about to apologize though. He didn’t have the time or the patience to deal with Rohan longer than he needed to, and with his little prank over and done with he was now free to do as he pleased - far far away from him. It would have been better if he’d just walked away and ignored him, but where was the fun in that? Oh well.

“It’s not like you don’t have other photos on there, right? I ruined a total of one with a photobomb. Wow, what a crime.” And it was here that Jousuke turned away, unaware of the violent bubbling that broke at the water’s surface.

@KISHIBE ROHAN notes here.
captain.
BUT I REFUSE.
JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE
HUMAN
MANGAKA
CAPTAIN (SHE / HER)
HE / HIM
In the defense against Higashikata's inner thoughts, it should be brought up that Rohan did have a sense of humor. However, only the people he liked would see a glimpse of that less serious side of him. Which clearly restricted that to two or three people. Not that it would matter though, since this was the shitbag.

"I do understand what a joke is, but anything from you isn't one." Everything he did was more detrimental than humorous. Damn, there was the saying about 'setting an example' and this was especially true when he was the adult here, but fuck that. Accepting to console anyone with that gesture his ass.

Rohan was aware of the... ugh, good person Higashikata was. Seven years of dealing with that made it clear. However, the younger Higashikata always hid it behind opposite gestures, and when he had to deal with the other unwillingly, pettiness and irrationality got the better hold of him. And there was no Koichi that would try to placate either parties at the moment.

It was easier to say that they are forever on separate wavelengths, never meant to get along as friends. Older or younger, it didn't matter, the two could never act friendly to each other.

"The actual crime here is that I'll have to deal with your shitty face, again" He spat, "And to think that you managed to somehow become somewhat tolerable in seven years."

But the tension of the water's surface was broken, and his attention shifted from the student to the lake. What kind of timing is this? Rohan couldn't help but be cautious whenever any abnormal thing would start to happen.

Something was surfacing-- something large judging by the amount of air it was releasing.

@HIGASHIKATA JOUSUKE
captain.
Human
Student
misso (she/her)
He/Him

Most of that went through one ear and out the other, until the mangaka mentioned something about himself in seven years? He didn’t look like he’d aged very much, but for a moment Jousuke stopped, though about the words and then, with a reaction slightly delayed by his brain attempting to process it, turned back to him, slightly confused.

“Wait, what? Seven fucking years? The hell? They’d managed to know each other that long without somehow killing each other? Granted, there was a high probability neither of them would go that extra mile even if they had the chance. Jousuke knew he certainly didn’t want that kind of blood for the sake of a grudge. But wow. Jeez, seven years? And they’d become tolerable to each other?

Rohan, meanwhile, seemed to have had his attention drawn elsewhere. The steep drop towards the water’s edge was poor protection from what lurked in the water, and Jousuke’s eyes followed Rohan’s absent gaze to its surface. There he saw just what Rohan was observing: a dark figure, giving off a torrent of bubbles, lurking just below the surface.

And then it broke through into the air above, and Jousuke felt his blood run cold. Fuck Elestis.

It was the biggest goddamn turtle he’d ever seen. Now, Jousuke wasn’t a fan of reptiles in general, but it was turtled, for some fucking reason, that took the cake in terms of what scared him. Little turtles were bad enough. He knew they wouldn’t hurt him, but his body still didn’t like the idea of touching them. This thing, however, was a monster.

It must have been as big as a car or something, with massive snapping jaws and claws like a bear. It broke through the surface and attempted to pull Rohan in. Jousuke, though he absolutely loathed the other, took a trepid step forward. His body stopped him from moving closer once he saw the jaws snap tightly around Rohan’s bag, damn near pulling him into the water had the strap not broken and allowed the turtle to tumble back into the water.

Then, the dark figure below disappeared. Jousuke’s heart pounded and he stood frozen, alert. Was it going to give up that easily?

captain.

BUT I REFUSE.
JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE
HUMAN
MANGAKA
CAPTAIN (SHE / HER)
HE / HIM
Of course, Rohan wasn't going to tell Higashikata much about what happened between the teen's present and Rohan's own. Not that he believed in some time continuity or paradox bullshit.

He just didn't want to tell him, that's all.

However, right now, that bubbling at the water's surface had Rohan's attention, and the other's question on what exactly he meant by 'seven years' (or it was assumed it as a question about it than just pointless yelling) was not the mangaka's priority.

Then it happened.

The beast flew right towards him, and it was only out of reflex that Rohan attempted to move most of his vital points away that it caught his bag instead. "What!?" A turtle this size -- if it could even naturally grow to such lengths -- was bound to weigh a ton, and its pull on the bag made it all that apparent.

And Rohan knew that Higashikata was going to be absolutely useless in this situation. He remembered distinctively that when he read one of the pages in regards to the student from Koichi's memories, on top of being enraged at insults towards his hair, he had a phobia of turtles or something like that.

He couldn't help but think that the fact that it was a giant turtle was all too convenient. If it was not 'by chance' then it had to be someone actively going after their heads, specifically targeting the younger Higashikata's fears.

Rohan couldn't just let go of his bag -- it was a gift from his grandmother damn it. Even if it would mean that the reptilian bastard was using it as a way to pull him into the water, or that the bag itself was most likely damaged for good, he just couldn't. Damn, it would probably worth a lot of money to repair it, if that was possible (but money wasn't the problem here).

"HEAVEN'S DO--'" Before he could even attempt to use his Stand, the straps of his bag snapped, sending Rohan landing on his ass onto the watery sand and the turtle back into the deep waters of the lake.

He easily got annoyed, it was a known fact, but it was not often that the mangaka found himself vindictive over someone or something. But here they were, Kishibe Rohan, fuming.

"To believe that I, Kishibe Rohan, is humiliated like this," His face twisted to match his own anger, and he would promise that he was going to get back at the bastard for doing this to him and his grandmother. Quickly getting back onto his feet, he glared at the water, but not before giving one glance over to Higashikata. "If you're not going to be the least bit helpful, get out of the way."

captain.
Human
Student
misso (she/her)
He/Him

To call Jousuke 'dead weight' at this point wouldn't be completely inaccurate. His mind was static, struggling to maintain proper connection with his body and cognizance to properly function like a normal friggen' human. Unfortunately, upon seeing the massive turtle Jousuke found himself completely at the mercy of his irrational phobia - one he'd tried many times to conquer, only to fail every attempt.

He barely even heard Rohan's frustrated (and angry) words. He barely even registered what had happened in front of him. A lot of the movement was a blur, like his mind was being overstimulated and had gone into overload mode. Suddenly every small turtle he'd ever met was tolerable compared to this thing. At least those fuckers didn't try to eat people. For half a second he was coherent enough to realize the turtle had taken the bag with it, and the expression on the other's face was quite clearly one of rage.

He snapped out of mental shut-down and blinked away the confusion.

"Holy hell..." Jousuke with control of his body returning back to him, took a few steps back from the bubbling water, realize that he was next on the menu. He'd never felt so god damn defenseless before. He'd faced worse, right?! This wasn't something Crazy diamond would be unable to take care of!

The turtle had two meals to help itself to, and from what it could smell in the air one of them had gone completely deer-in-the-headlights at its presence... while the other was alert and angry. It changed tactics, making a target of what it interpreted as the weaker of the two. Considering the situation at hand, that wasn't a lie. Jousuke, for all his power, was helpless, and it was this weakness to something so stupid and small that had made him so intent of being rid of this phobia with repeated exposure. After this event he was probably going to end up set back a few paces.

Crazy Diamond manifesting beside him, Jousuke stood, eyes blank with terror, watching the water. The silhouette beneath the surface cleared up and the turtle emerged again, blasting up the grass far faster than he shouldn't have been able to. The most Crazy Diamond would be able to do was fend off the attack instinctively. Without Jousuke lucid enough to issue the commands that compelled him to fight (for the sight of the beast before him shorted out the signals from his brain again) there was only so much the Stand could manage to do. Granted, it would be enough to keep Jousuke relatively safe, but...

Both Stand and User had their inhibitions about killing things.

captain.
BUT I REFUSE.
JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE
HUMAN
MANGAKA
CAPTAIN (SHE / HER)
HE / HIM
Had it been another situation, Rohan would have almost been amused by the phobia Higashikata was showing. It was much more genuine than what the boy usually is (was? Since this technically was not the younger man he knew). But no, this wasn't a situation where he could just tell everyone to stop so he could sketch such a terrified expression (let alone wanting to draw the other's face, ugh).

Besides, the mangaka was far too angry right now to think of such things.

His Stand, while never a powerhouse like Kuujou's Star Platinum or even teen's Crazy Diamond, was just as dangerous if not more for anyone slower than it and its User. Even more so now that Rohan had years in using and learning about his Stand.

Rohan clicked his tongue, because his words fell on deaf ears, his warning for Higashikata to scram failed to process on that giant head of his. Of course he had to make the ordeal at hand much more difficult than it should have been. "Do you hear me, Higashikata Jousuke!? Move!"

The giant turtle, in knowing on who to strike next, lunged towards its target. In the face of adversity, Jousuke stood there, but not of some kind of bravery, but rather because fear grappled on to his every joint.

Heaven's Door flew out, its fingers pressing against Crazy Diamond's temple to unleash a flurry of pages from the other's head. One press of its finger and words were inscribed into its face.

「HIGASHIKATA JOUSUKE WILL FLY AWAY FROM THE TURTLE AT SIXTY KILOMETERS AN HOUR.」

At that speed and distance created, there was no way for the turtle to even catch the teenager, no matter what ridiculous tricks it could have in its sleeve. "Tch." Ignoring the fact that he just rescued the other's life once again, (even if he had driven Jousuke away from Highway Star in part spite against that Stand and its User), he will just focus on the current matter on hand. Damnit, it would be just easier to never make a big deal of that fact and move on with their lives.

The turtle's prey had moved further away than it expected. Now there was only it and Rohan... unless it decided to further pursue the other.

"Oi oi oi oi oi, you scalely bastard," He taunted the turtle to draw its attention to him, hands gesturing to come at him. Heaven's Door can stop that beast in mid-air with its power, or effectively render it useless. It was only the matter of getting near it. "Do you think that I can let you get a pass for what you did to my grandmother's bag?"

Turtle or not, Rohan would not go easy on someone or something that pissed him off.

captain.
Human
Student
misso (she/her)
He/Him

And fly off he did. The moment Heaven’s Door faded from his form the teen took off flying opposite the turtle, which unfortunately had him heading straight for more water.

It wasn’t the aggressive pull in the other direction that knocked Jousuke out of his stupor, but the impact he made in the water as he landed, skidding across a shallow bank of reeds and landing face-first in only a few inches of water. He rose suddenly, coughing, clutching both his heart and his mouth. He didn’t even want to look at himself so thank god the water was so disturbed. His hair was probably a mess, not to mention his clothes and- Jesus, that fucker saved him.

Crazy Diamond wouldn’t have lost against a turtle of all things but, wow.

He looked on, Rohan confronting the turtle, and it wasn’t until he saw the ruined leather bag floating precariously tangled in the reed did he realize what had Rohan so steamed. He’d probably never save Jousuke’s life of his own accord - maybe? - but that turtle snatched his bag, and maybe that was the problem. He didn’t know it’s importance, but he carried all of his art supplies in it.

He did like his art a lot…

He stood shakily, still trying to process what had just happened. The weight of his rescue hadn’t quite hit him yet, but something in him was simultaneously confused and impressed. He grabbed the bag and examined it: papers inside were torn and soggy, paints and pencils were broken and useless… Damage to the bag aside the turtle basically ate whatever was in it. Shit.

captain.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE AND CAUTION
READ THE CBOX RULES. KEEP IT PG-13.