http://i.imgur.com/14BWPig.png
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register!
Hello, and welcome to GOSSAMER! If you're reading this, you either haven't logged in, or you haven't joined our game! Interested? Take a look around, read our information, and consider registering. We've been around a long time and will continue to be; we're here for you.

Gossamer is a panfandom roleplay forum for animated and illustrated media: this includes anime, manga, Western animation and comics, video games, visual novels, and more. We are hosted on Jcink Premium and are over 3 years old. Please register in ALL CAPITALS.

Add Reply
New Poll

DAZE., KONAN / AKEMI <3
TAKUMI
 Posted: Dec 20 2016, 03:44 PM
TAKUMI
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
26 Post(s)
wildewall
FIRE EMBLEM: FATES
HUMAN
EIGHTEEN
HE / HIM
HUNTER / ADVISOR
If there were two things that were precious to me… and a time came when I was forced to choose between them.. I wonder, what would be my choice?
as written by PIE
SHE / HER

My heart's an artifice, a decoy soul, I lift you up and then I let you go. I've made an art of digging shallow holes; I'll drop the tiniest seed and watch it grow.
wildewall‘s training grounds have been strangely empty that day. which.. honestly calmed him down and eased his heart, even if just a little. he was still quite terrible when too many people surrounded him; he couldn‘t ever focus properly if there were too many walking around here. now that he was alone, however, his eyes remained glued onto the training target a few meters away. he didn‘t quite know how many arrows did he shoot at it already, but he wasn‘t done yet! even if he wasn‘t in hoshido anymore.. he had to remain as strong as when he was there!

the blue string of his bow appeared once more; the magical arrow followed soon after and he took a few deep breaths before focusing on the very middle of the target before his eyes. then, he counted down. on three, he set himself in a proper position. on two, he fitted an arrow onto his bow. and on one, he shot with no hesitation, hitting his intended mark without a problem.

there was another sound which reached his ears soon after his arrow was shot, and he couldn‘t deny it felt... familiar. was that a kunai flying through the air? hmm. he dared to shift his body into its direction, only for his eyes to find her. he didn‘t know her, but he watched her standing there, focusing on her target and her target alone. when.. when did she arrive here? he didn‘t know. was she a hoshidan ninja? he didn‘t know, either. usually, he would stay away from strangers, but this woman... he couldn‘t help but to stare. a little. takumigetthehellaway.

idk the words
@KONAN
rip i hope this is okay ;;
^
KONAN
 Posted: Dec 22 2016, 06:04 PM
KONAN
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
79 Post(s)
wildewall
Naruto
Human
Thirty-Five
she/her
sculptor
i'm in love with an angel, heaven forbid. makes me a believer with the touch of her skin.
as written by Akemi
she/her

Konan had been glad to discover Wildewall's training grounds upon her arrival. Even though she didn't particularly want to have to use her shinobi training here, it was important to her to keep her skills sharp in case a time came where they were necessary. Sure, it would have been possible to train on her own, in the lands outside the village, but that was potentially very dangerous. At least here in the training grounds, people knew better than to walk in front of the targets someone was trying to use. If your target was an old oak tree in the forest, how would anyone approaching the area know to stay out of your way?

She didn't own many metal kunai and shuriken, generally preferring to use the paper constructs afforded to her by the Shikigami no Mai. They didn't cost anything, they couldn't break, they would never need repair, and she couldn't lose them. Quite possibly the best part of using her paper weapons was that she was able to direct them with her mind and chakra, in a way making any actual weapon skills unnecessary. Konan knew, however, that relying on one skill like that was unwise. Every technique had an opposite, a counter. Just because she hadn't come across a person that could easily negate the power of the Shikigami no Mai, that didn't mean this person didn't exist out there somewhere.

Thus, she was here at the training grounds practicing her aim with the actual weapons instead of her paper, standing across from a large target. She adjusted her grip on the kunai until it felt comfortable in her hand, getting used to its weight, figuring in her mind the angle and force she would have to use after adjusting for wind to hit the target dead center. She drew back and, with a flick of her wrist, sent the knife flying straight and true towards the bull's-eye. It sank into the target with a thunk and she frowned. Off center. This was why practice was important. In a battle for life and death, being a few inches off could mean hitting bone instead of a vital organ, or missing your target entirely. That was unacceptable.

Konan took a deep breath, readjusted, and tried again. She fell into a rhythm, seeing how closely she could cluster the weapons around the center of the target. Every so often, she had to stride out to the target to collect the knives before starting over. She didn't even notice the other people in the training grounds, quietly going about their business.

She did, however, notice that one of them seemed to be staring at her. Konan fired off another flawless shot and then turned slightly to face the stranger, a teenage boy holding a bow that didn't appear to have a string. Interesting. "Do you need something?" she asked him, keeping her tone level and her face neutral. She wasn't exactly fond of being stared at, but she wasn't going to get high and mighty and scold him for it either.

i'm caught in a hurricane
i'm standing in the eye of the storm
words: 512 | tag @TAKUMI
♥♥♥
^
TAKUMI
 Posted: Jan 13 2017, 12:08 PM
TAKUMI
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
26 Post(s)
wildewall
HUMAN
EIGHTEEN
HE / HIM
HUNTER / ADVISOR
If there were two things that were precious to me… and a time came when I was forced to choose between them.. I wonder, what would be my choice?
as written by PIE
SHE / HER

My heart's an artifice, a decoy soul, I lift you up and then I let you go. I've made an art of digging shallow holes; I'll drop the tiniest seed and watch it grow.
it took him quite some time to figure out that staring at a lady probably wasn‘t the most appropriate thing to do. actually, scratch that - it wasn‘t appropriate at all. gods, where did his manners go?! he wasn‘t stuck in this place for long enough to forget about something like this! although he was a third prince of hoshido, he still ought to pay same amounts of respect to everyone, just like his older siblings had. especially now when they weren‘t around. (he had to make them proud!) this was embarrassing!! alright, time to go, he should have, he should have --

do you need something?

darn. nevermind. running away and quietly hoping that his action had gone unnoticed was now not an option anymore. the young man flinched on his spot at the sudden sound, and tightened the grip around the bow in his hands. his eyes drifted away, looking anywhere else but her. there was a faint blush resting on his cheeks; it intensified with each second that passed. waitwaitwait! what should he be doing now? find an excuse? still try and run away? make up he had to go somewhere, right now, immediately, and leave; then forget about it all? well, do not stand there like an idiot, talk! oh, right! riiiight. talking was an option as well. it likely didn‘t hurt to try.

he shook his head gently, still standing at the same spot as if he‘d be glued to the ground. „uh. no-not really,” he started cautiously; he settled his gaze on the empty target not too far away. okay, good, this started well! „that- that really wasn‘t nice of me to do! staring like that, i mean!! i beg you pardon, miss -- um. yeah....” aaand this was where it went down.   

idk the words
  KONAN
rip takumi and his anxiety.
^
KONAN
 Posted: Jan 13 2017, 04:19 PM
KONAN
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
79 Post(s)
wildewall
Naruto
Human
Thirty-Five
she/her
sculptor
i'm in love with an angel, heaven forbid. makes me a believer with the touch of her skin.
as written by Akemi
she/her

Konan waited, a bemused smile on her face. Seemed like he was trying to figure out what to do now that he'd been caught, pointedly looking anywhere but at her face. He looked damn near nervous enough to straight-up bolt without a word. It's not like it was a crime to watch somebody else train; it was just that he'd been staring with such an intensity that she couldn't help but notice, really.

And when he finally did open his mouth, the poor boy could barely string a sentence together, he was so nervous. The look on her face softened. She remembered the days when Yahiko and Nagato had been that young - she'd seen that same look of pained awkwardness on their faces many, many times. She especially remembered seeing it on Yahiko's face the first time he'd asked her on a date. Hah. Those were the days, when they'd been young and felt unstoppable. It was too bad that those day had ended the way they had.

"Please, calm down. I know you meant no offense by it," she assured him, dropping her shuriken back into her weapon pouch. No need to make him feel any more threatened by holding a handful of sharp, pointy weapons that she could throw with pinpoint accuracy - something which he knew to be a fact, since he'd been watching her train. "My name is Konan. If you, perhaps, wanted any tips on throwing weapons... I could answer your questions" she offered politely. Why else would he have been watching her train, unless he was at least a little bit curious? If he said no, well, she'd just go back to her training.

words: idk i'm lazy | tag @TAKUMI
♥♥♥

^
TAKUMI
 Posted: Feb 10 2017, 06:53 AM
TAKUMI
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
26 Post(s)
wildewall
HUMAN
EIGHTEEN
HE / HIM
HUNTER / ADVISOR
as written by PIE
SHE / HER

this wasn‘t good. this really wasn‘t good. he was making a fool out of himself infront of a stranger; the more he talked, the deeper was the hole for him to fall in. for a moment right there he even forgot to breathe and if a sudden hazy feeling in his head didn‘t remind thim that he needed air to function properly, he would‘ve likely faint right there. ugh. he was hopeless, lost, and utterly terrible when dealing with other people, regardless of who they were. that was probably why he never had any proper friends besides oboro and hinata. even those two, though, were special cases. he knew them since he was little, so it was easier to talk to them. he was used to talk to them.

this woman though? ugh. she probably thought he was a little crazy by now and he couldn‘t blame her for it. who in their right mids would ever get this shaken up when they were spoken to anyway? (or maybe he was just being too hard on himself again. there were many people that lost ground below their feet when they were caught doing something that wasn‘t appropriate.) to his surprise, though, her response was very kind. so kind that he almost considered a possibility of hearing something wrong. but no, no! she definitely had to say something really nice! plus, there was her voice! it was because of how gentle it sounded that his heart was able to slow its beat down. after a little while he carefully turned his head back towards her way to meet her gaze with his own, a faint blush still resting on his cheeks. she didn‘t seem angry and disgusted, or frightened and taken aback. quite the opposite, actually - she looked extremely calm.

„i‘m.. uh. i‘m sorry. i‘m not...” nope, nope. this one wasn‘t right. takumi sighed. „actually, i suppose, i‘m always like this when i ... attempt to talk to new people.” he confessed then. perhaps it was a little too early to be saying something like this, maybe he should‘ve been more suspicious of this woman in the first place but then... he never knew how to lie anyway. his ears caught her name. konan. still, it did not ring any bells... perhaps she wasn‘t from hoshido after all? she offered to answer some questions and give him some tips but.. how in the world did she figure out he was thinking of these anyway?! you dumbass, why else would you stare if not for her skills? ... oh... uhm. alright, then. he allowed himself to nod, slightly.

„um... well... i apologize if this will sounds strange, but do you by chance know a place called hoshido?” he was almost certain she didn‘t, but it did not hurt to ask to be sure.

idk the words
  KONAN

^
KONAN
 Posted: Feb 14 2017, 11:06 PM
KONAN
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
79 Post(s)
wildewall
Naruto
Human
Thirty-Five
she/her
sculptor
as written by Akemi
she/her

The poor boy looked like he was about to have a panic attack because she'd spoken to him. Konan knew she wasn't that intimidating - not unless she was trying to be, that is. So why had he become so anxious? Perhaps that was just the type of personality he had. In her world, people like that either got over it or died, usually, so it was rare to find someone so unnerved by conversation alone. If she'd been pointing something sharp at him, sure, but she hadn't even snapped at him for staring.

She gave him a gentle smile as he tried to explain himself. Nervous around new people, then. Likely made worse because, if he was actually as old as he looked, Konan was old enough to be his mother. Scrutiny from an older woman tended to make boys nervous whatever the context. "It's quite alright, I understand. This isn't how one typically expects to meet new people," she responded, keeping her tone level and calm, hoping that it would soothe him at least a little bit. The last thing she needed was to have him faint; she'd have to carry him back to town, find whomever he belonged to (presuming that he had parents that were around, which she had discovered was rather rare), and make sure he was okay when he woke up.

She shook her head. "No, I've never heard of a land called Hoshido. My land of origin is Ame no Kuni, the Land of Rain. It is unlikely that we are from even vastly different parts of the same world." Konan could, of course, sense a source of chakra within the boy, but that wasn't saying much - all life forms had chakra. Some used it, some didn't; some knew of its existence and called it by other names. What she was able to detect with her sensory abilities had not changed with her change in worlds. But this boy didn't act like a trained shinobi, despite the skill he appeared to have with a bow.

@TAKUMI, rip my word count
♥♥♥
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Add Reply
New Poll