welcome to goss!
Countless intangible veils separate all universes from each other - and from ours. The fabric of space and time is at its faintest, like gossamer, at these proximate points we share with all other realities. Interdimensional castaways are drawn to safety and arrive on a train in our core world, Hialao. The train system also serves as our lifeblood by connecting five other worlds to Hialao.

With the dimensional displacements not yet showing signs of slowing, and research forever futile on how to leave (besides those who simply vanish, falling back through the invisible curtain), it's impossible to say who might arrive and how they might shape this fragile series of lands, eras and cultures. Good luck out there.

Our application template was made by Juliannacodes exclusively for Gossamer. Thanks to kismet for the sidebar cookie script. Icons courtesy of Ionicons. Banner art by Pixiv user ID #122500. Free pixel icon resources sourced from various places such as pvstels, 7soul1, The Infamous Bon Bon, neonvamp, and more.

Site premise was formed by the original staff of Gossamer - Alida, Prince, Rebecca, Morgan, and Tera, who created the dimensions of Elestis, Hialao, Parse, Barrows, and Wildewall, respectively. Additionally, Tethya was the result of a site event and was created by a former member, Velvet.

Gossamer's genre-based multi-world concept must not be duplicated or mirrored elsewhere without express permission from the current owner and staff. Member-made content belongs to its respective creators. DO NOT RIP, INSPIRE, RECREATE, OR STEAL ANY PART OF THIS SITE.

GOSSAMER
PANFANDOM ANIMATION & ILLUSTRATION . JCINK PREMIUM . 3 YEARS OLD
KEEP IT CLASSY, FOLKS!

for a limited time only • please register your accounts in all capital letters
Pages: (12) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

CHARACTER INQUIRIES
DAE
LIFE AS WE KNOW WOULD BE SO DIFFERENT HAD OUR PATHS CONTINUED THE SAME. THE ROAD IS OPEN; WE FIND OUR WAY THROUGH TIES WHERE BROKEN. TO MOVE ALONG FROM WHERE WE'D BEEN, I'LL SING THIS SONG FOR YOU AGAIN. I'M LOOKING UP AROUND THE BEND; WE'RE SO MUCH STRONGER THAN BEFORE, OUR FRAYING EDGES ON THE MEND.
GOSSAMER STAFF
GOSS DAD
CHUUYA'S #1 FAN
DAE (HE / HIM)
HE / HIM
CHARACTER INQUIRIES
This topic is here for anyone who wants to ask a question along the lines of "can I play x character here" or "can y character be have z qualities here", as it's one that has cropped up time and time again in our history. It really depends on the individual character and needs to be judged on a case-by-case basis, and it can be troublesome for staff to make these decisions when asked in the Cbox or over instant messenger. So please, whether you are already a member, a curious guest, or a new registered applicant, ask in here.

Please keep in mind our obvious character rules (e.g. no OCs, no non-animated characters, and so on). Also, don't ask on a whim - be sure you're seriously considering a certain character before clarifying if they can be played on Gossamer. Lastly, please make sure you've had a look at the characters section of our FAQ, which covers some of the main questions we've been asked in the past! You can also use the search function, or peek into our answered inquiries forum.

Hello hi, shy guest has a question...or two.

1. I was considering apping Jessica Rabbit of Disney's Who Framed Roger Rabbit. The main problem I'm foreseeing is that technically, WFRR is both animated and live-action. However, Jessica herself is a toon from the mixed world encapsulating classic Disney and Warner Bros. characters. I'd just like to make sure that she would be plausible before I go ahead with her.

2. If I wanted to take a character from a fandom that someone else has apped another character in (say, Frollo to Quasimodo) would I - with permission from the other player, of course - be able to pull them from a different point in time, earlier or later, or would they have to be pulled at the same time as the other character?

Thank you in advance!
You're a story that I hoped I'd never have to tell; You're a lesson that I wish I'd never learned so well. After all my years of giving up and letting go, all I wanted was to give you what you've never known. I know now You can only hurt me cause I let you get to know me so well; I know now I love you cause only you can turn my heaven to hell.
GOSSAMER STAFF TEAM
GOSS MOM
DAZAI'S #1 FAN
PIE ( SHE / HER)
SHE / HER
Hey love! <3

While I am not entirely sure for the first question and will leave it to Panic/someone who perhaps knows the movie better answer, I've figured I could quickly jump in and answer the second one! Yes, you can take your character from any point in canon without consulting the player of the other character beforehand (Side note, I'm pretty sure that Hippo would be thrilled to have Frollo 8D). It's totally up to you from where you take them, whether it be from earlier or later point in time! <3
DAE
LIFE AS WE KNOW WOULD BE SO DIFFERENT HAD OUR PATHS CONTINUED THE SAME. THE ROAD IS OPEN; WE FIND OUR WAY THROUGH TIES WHERE BROKEN. TO MOVE ALONG FROM WHERE WE'D BEEN, I'LL SING THIS SONG FOR YOU AGAIN. I'M LOOKING UP AROUND THE BEND; WE'RE SO MUCH STRONGER THAN BEFORE, OUR FRAYING EDGES ON THE MEND.
GOSSAMER STAFF
GOSS DAD
CHUUYA'S #1 FAN
DAE (HE / HIM)
HE / HIM
Hiya, Carma. Thank you for the questions! Movies that are live action mixed with animation are rare, and a grey area, so I think that for now, unfortunately, it would be safer for us to leave such possibilities aside. Hoping for your understanding ;w;
A mulberry is a tree; Kuwabara's a man, and I'll prove it. We all have to die when our time comes, but if we do our duty, we don't got regrets - so taste a little piece of my sword!
Yu Yu Hakusho
Human
Delinquent
Carma (Carmom)
He/him
Psh, not to worry. She wasn't my only pick. I've got someone else in the works. Thank you both! <3
So I have a question about a character and i wasn't sure if this went here or in its own thread so i'm going to put it here for now. for characters that literally can't survive without another from their series is it okay to say that they are in goss ? for example with fai here if kurogane isn't made he literally can't live cause kurogane is the only one he can feed on as a vampire and needs to do so to live. my friend is supposed to finish him, but just in case something comes up i wanted to know how something like this would work.

thank you so much!
DAE
GOSSAMER STAFF
GOSS DAD
CHUUYA'S #1 FAN
DAE (HE / HIM)
HE / HIM
@FAI D. FLOURITE
Questions like that can go here!
The multiverse diverts anything that would cause canon character death; it can be up to you exactly how this happens in Fai's case, but it would be likely that he will be able to go without Kurogane's blood. (Since i'm not familiar with the series -- is it that Fai only chooses to feed on him, or is impossible to satisfy his thirst with anyone else's blood?)
@DAE
it's actually that he literally can only take kurogane's blood. when he was changed into a vampire that was the price kurogane had to pay to save his life. fai can only take from him and their bond was basically that if kurogane died fai would too cause he can't survive without him quite literally because of his vampire side.
DAE
GOSSAMER STAFF
GOSS DAD
CHUUYA'S #1 FAN
DAE (HE / HIM)
HE / HIM
@FAI D. FLOURITE
Got it. In that case, he would be able to survive without Kurogane around, but how that affects him is up to you. Could be he now may need to feed on ordinary people, like many general vampires, but that bond wouldn't be nullified. However you'd like to do it, tbh.
@DAE
that works! thank you so much for the quick and fast replies!
I know I'm troublesome and ask a million questions but I had one other question concerning LiEat. Since it was determined Teo was playable I was wondering about the Rigfire's since they only appeared in one of the three titles? As I explained earlier the games are pretty short, though they ARE integral to the first one. It's just that since they didn't appear in all three, and might not be considered major, I just wanted to know if they were viable at all.
DAE
GOSSAMER STAFF
GOSS DAD
CHUUYA'S #1 FAN
DAE (HE / HIM)
HE / HIM
@HOTSUIN YAMATO Hey, no worries for the questions. I looked up the Rigfire characters, and their wikia pages seem extremely short, just brief bio information and and in-game description; this would not be enough information for us to go off, since wikis are one of our main sources when we haven't played a game ourselves. Unless you can find us a more detailed page - or think you can link to a game playthrough that shows they have acceptable backstory and characterization - then they may be too minor. Hope this makes sense.
hello yes loser here with a question; a certain muse has bitten me pretty hard, but I was unsure of if he'd fit the requirements for the forum.

The character in question is from the game Transistor, and has no actual name that's given over the course of it, even if he serves as the game's narrator. The fandom has taken to calling him Blue (a reference to the colour of the Transistor as well as to fit the theme of his lover's name, Red), or Breach (the name of the ability he grants to the Transistor.) Given that he serves as the narrator, his personality is explored pretty extensively, so that wouldn't be much of an issue.

The name could be an issue, as well as the fact that he doesn't have an in game rendering of his face. You can see his full body, and the side of his face, but his back is usually turned so his face remains hidden. I wasn't sure if that'd be a deal breaker or not, so figured I'd ask. :'D
Thank you in advance for your time!
I have a question for future reference needs.

Will Nanaba from SNK be a viable character for Goss? I want to app the precious gender queer banana in the future and I'm worried said banana is to... minor?

Lemme know <3

-drops picture of said banana for lulz sozz not sozz-

user posted image
hello! another shy but super interested guest here. I was wondering if a character like Cortana from the Halo series is an applicable character, as she is an AI & doesn't have an actual physical form. She does end up creating a 'physical' form in Halo 4, it was only enough to save Master Chief & she subsequently dissipated.<br>
If not, would Commander Shepard from Mass Effect work? While you can customize your own Shepard, the two default Shepards are Commander John Shepard (male default) and Commander Jane Shepard (female default). Thanks so much! c:
2 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: AKEMI

Topic Options
Pages: (12) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll