G O S S A M E R .
MEMBERS
CHATBOX
TAGBOX
SEARCH
WELCOME TO OUR MULTIVERSE.
You've slipped through the ephemeral veil of gossamer that separates your own world from ours. It is a train which mysteriously brought you here. These trains also serve as our lifeblood by interconnecting our six dimensions.

Hialao is the nucleus, a modern, sunny and hospitable seaside realm; Wildewall is steeped in tradition, good for those with archaic roots and a taste for wilderness; Elestis is the fantasy land of ever-tumbling magic and whimsical imagination; Parse whirs like the massive digital machine that it is, advanced and technological.

Barrows is the breeding ground of chaos, with refrains of grunge and anachronistic crime; Tethya is the small but glorious underwater world reminiscent of Victorian times; and those who don't feel at home in any of these places, or simply like to wander, are known as Drifters.

We're a panfandom roleplay forum for animated and illustrated media: this includes anime, manga, Western animation and comics, video games, visual novels, and more. We are hosted on Jcink Premium and are over 3 and a half years old. Please register in ALL CAPITALS!

THE TAGBOX.

Add Reply
New Poll

your words a whisper, yukari
In a gathering of corpses, there is beauty. Same goes for the cherry blossoms and spring...
TOUHOU PROJECT
Ghost
night guardian
AKEMI (she/her)
she/her
turn out the lights, make me a porcelain doll
She hadn't known what to do when she had woken up from her daily nap in a seat on a train rather than in her bed, with Youmu and a cup of tea waiting for her. Utterly confused, the ghostly princess had spent the ride trying to figure out where she was, other than the obvious. Stepping off the train had brought her into a world she'd never seen before, and she shook her head. Perhaps Yukari was up to something again; that's how it tended to be when Yuyuko found herself in odd situations like this.

How odd it was, though, that everything was so unfamiliar. Wherever she was, it certainly didn't seem like a part of Gensokyo, although some of the buildings reminded her of the structure of the human village... And so, doing what any lost person should do, Yuyuko stopped the nearest person and asked them where she was. She had been told 'Hialao.' Hm. Then she had asked them if they'd ever heard of Gensokyo, and was told no. Something had definitely gone awry, then, if they had ended up in a land where no one had heard of Gensokyo.

Still figuring that she was here because of Yukari - the only youkai she knew capable of transporting people from place to place, using her gaps - she tried asking if anyone had seen or heard of a Miss Yukari Yakumo. Most people still met her inquiries with odd stares, but eventually the ghost princess learned that there was a Yakumo Yukari on the Elestis parliament... whatever that was. What were the chances of her finding two people with the same exact name? Not very likely.

So here she was, on a train bound for this 'Elestis' place, hoping to find her very best friend of a thousand years somewhere in this strange land.

whisper your secrets, can't get to the truth at all

@YAKUMO YUKARI
Sometimes things wash up on the shore. Like human children. Or adults.
Touhou
Youkai
Parliament Member
Satori (The Almighty)
She/Her
The arrival of an old friend hadn't escaped Yukari's gaze. She had eyes everywhere - quite literally, even - and watched the incoming and outgoing trains most of all. Trains brought newcomers, after all, and all had to be factored into her plans and duties. So that familiar spirit had caught her notice the moment she appeared within the bounds of Elestis.

It was customary to greet friends at the station, show them around, and help them get situated. But Yukari was far from ordinary, as was the friend she was meeting. With one exception, this person was her oldest friend after all, and certainly her closest.

So instead, Yukari opened up a gap onto the train itself, then walked on and through the car as though she'd been there the whole time, and finally sat next to Yuyuko.

"You're late, by the way," she said, as though continuing an earlier conversation. "I've been expecting you since I arrived." Though her tone was one of chastising Yuyuko being late, her smile was one far more genuine than the usual devious one she wore.
In a gathering of corpses, there is beauty. Same goes for the cherry blossoms and spring...
TOUHOU PROJECT
Ghost
night guardian
AKEMI (she/her)
she/her
Yuyuko didn't bat an eye at the gap opening up and Yukari stepping out, as if it was a perfectly normal occurrence. Which, in all honestly, it was. The other passengers in her car were staring, but their eyes didn't bother the ghost girl at all. She was just happy that finding Yukari - or rather, Yukari finding her - had been so simple.

"Am I? I didn't realize we'd set a date," she replied pleasantly, smoothing her skirt down where it had become bunched up from sitting in the same position for so long. The grin on her old friend's face was genuine and infectious, and she couldn't help but beam brightly back.

She supposed the youkai had a roundabout point. Wherever Yukari ended up, she was never very far behind. How long, then, had her friend been waiting? Technically, she mused, she didn't even know if time passed in the same fashion here as it did in Gensokyo - and the Netherworld, too, to the extent that time really passed in the afterlife. The days tended to blend together after a few centuries, honestly.

"What are you up to this time, hmm?" she inquired, rather amused by the whole prospect. Even for Yukari, this was something oddly elaborate, if the gap youkai was the one behind whatever this whole thing was.

@YAKUMO YUKARI
Touhou
Youkai
Parliament Member
Satori (The Almighty)
She/Her
"A date? Mm, I do recall promising one before I left," Yukari said evasively. She opted not to mention how long she had been here thus far. One of the many things she had learned in that time is that new arrivals came from different times and different points in their life. Why, at least once the same person had showed up again after mysteriously vanishing, only to have come from a world where their life had taken an entirely different path.

In fewer words, time was wholly irrelevant in this world. The passage of events and the arrival of more outsiders were unrelated.

And at any rate, the passage of days was a concept of little importance to a youkai of Yukari's stature. The same went for Yuyuko, whose unlife had now lasted so long as to make her living days insignificant. But changing the subject back to the present, it seemed a familiar question was being asked of her. "Would you believe, nothing?" she asked with a grin. "No, of course not. But for once, events happened without my knowledge or urging. It's a perplexing situation, but I can't say I haven't taken advantage."

It would not be unreasonable for Yuyuko to already understand what she had planned. But this time, she hadn't been around long enough to figure it out yet. Yukari was feeling uncharacteristically charitable with information because of this, although there were still plenty of secrets the rest of the train didn't need to hear.
TOUHOU PROJECT
Ghost
night guardian
AKEMI (she/her)
she/her
"Mm. Perhaps it's my memory acting up again, then," Yuyuko offered with a slight shrug. She knew Yukari well enough to know that she wasn't saying everything, but then, she rarely did, and the ghost was okay with that. Most of the time. Right now, she was a little bit more preoccupied by trying to find out where this place was, and if Yukari had opened a gap to bring her here or if there was something more at work.

Nothing at all? "Never," she replied with a matching grin. But if that was the truth that Yukari claimed, Yuyuko was willing to believe it. For now, or until it was proven that she wasn't exactly telling the truth. Yukari never outright lied to her; she knew that much. Half-truths, on the other hand, were common amongst youkai, and Yukari especially. She never told anyone the full extent of her plans. Yuyuko was usually able to piece together what she was up to just because she knew the youkai so well.

"I wouldn't expect anything less." The conversation was unlikely to get any less vague until they departed the train and had some sort of privacy. While it would be quicker for Yukari to open up a gap and the two of them to depart the same way she'd arrived, she figured that they were going to be riding the train until it arrived at the station. And that was fine; there was nothing in this world better than a simple chat with a good friend.

@YAKUMO YUKARI
Touhou
Youkai
Parliament Member
Satori (The Almighty)
She/Her
"Nor would I," Yukari responded with a chuckle. Ahh, Yuyuko was as sharp as ever. Or perhaps she just knew Yukari too well. She had known Yuyuko for her entire unlife, and even most of her life as well. And innocence was something Yukari had never been known for, not since the very beginning. It would be no time at all before she figured out what Yukari was doing. Although, Yukari wondered, would it seem as obvious to Yuyuko afterwards as it did to her?

Frankly, she was amazed that something so simple was such a mystery to the rest of this multiverse.

"By the way, I've found a few new varieties of tea. You have to try them." There wasn't much in the way of important business to discuss before they reached the station, so Yukari slipped right back into casual conversation, as though they had last met only yesterday. Of course, she could have simply taken Yuyuko directly to the castle. But why take away that extra chance to catch up?

She did, however, open up a gap and reach through it, then pull her hand back, now holding a dish with two teacups, filled with a tea that seemed to subtly shift in color. "The tea in this world is unlike any even in Gensokyo."
TOUHOU PROJECT
Ghost
night guardian
AKEMI (she/her)
she/her
Yukari could never truly be innocent. If she wasn't the cause of what was going on, then she certainly had her hands in it somewhere, poking, experimenting, seeing how she could use it to her advantage. So even if she hadn't brought Yuyuko here, the ghost knew she was up to something. It was just a matter of figuring out what it was the youkai was doing, so she could get herself involved in it. Her life was always more fun when Yukari and her schemes were involved.

"New varieties of tea?" she questioned. Yuyuko had tried just about every kind of tea that had come through Gensokyo in the past five hundred years at least. The fact that this place had new teas was already endearing it to her. Honestly, tea was one of the swiftest ways to the ghost's heart.

She was too reserved to show her excitement when Yukari opened the gap and pulled hot cups of tea through it, though her friend could surely tell was eager to try it. She picked up one of the cups and held it delicately, taking in the heavenly scent, and just watched the liquid shift in hue. There was no sense in drinking a good tea before you fully appreciated it. "That is truly remarkable," she commented, lifting the cup to her lips for a sip.

@YAKUMO YUKARI
Touhou
Youkai
Parliament Member
Satori (The Almighty)
She/Her
"There are plants in this world that even Gensokyo doesn't have," Yukari said. Indeed, even Gensokyo, for all that it defied logic and embraced the fantastical, still had a basis in the world around it. Elestis was different in that regard - its basis seemed to be in the concept of magic itself, and the environment reflected that, including varieties of tea that could never have been imagined by people on Earth, even in the sealed away world of Gensokyo. In a way, that made Elestis closer to Makai than to Gensokyo, which left Yukari wondering what sort of teas she could find in Makai.

But that was a thought for another time, once they had returned from their world. More immediately, Elestis' magical nature meant that Yukari had plenty of new tea to introduce her ghostly friend to. "With that in mind, I'll be certain to bring you more as long as you're here."

Which reminded her. "Have you decided to stay here in Elestis for the time being? Returning to Gensokyo is, unfortunately, not possible. Not yet, at least." And there it was. That enigmatic smile that Yukari always wore when she was plotting something, and sometimes even when she wasn't.
TOUHOU PROJECT
Ghost
night guardian
AKEMI (she/her)
she/her
Yuyuko was quite impressed by that fact. Of course, she hadn't been around long enough to see much of the dimensions in this multiverse, and had only recently learned that that was, in fact, what this place was. Interdimensional train travel was certianly a new concept, and it didn't surprise her that these places had other things they'd never seen in Gensokyo. Each realm was new and fantastic in its own ways, according to what she'd seen and heard. It would be a pleasure to explore the things they offered. Of course, the tea would bring her the most pleasure. "As always, I do appreciate you. I wouldn't even know where to begin to find anything here."

She gave a slight frown when Yukari confirmed that they were, indeed, stuck here. The youkai's presence here hadn't immediately sent her to that thought - after all, she wouldn't be Yukari if she didn't at least stick around long enough to meddle in these dimensions' business. Therefore, she hadn't assumed they were stuck. All the same, it seemed quite unlikely to wake up in a strange place with no explanation and then be able to just leave whenever you wanted to. At least if she had to be stuck, she was stuck with her friend.

"I hadn't decided where I was going to stay, but given that Elestis seems to be your dimension of choice, I'm sure I'll find it to my liking. Mm. Especially if that's where I can get more of this tea. Yuyuko hadn't wanted to make a snap judgment on a new home without exploring all the dimensions first, but it was safe to say that she trusted Yukari's tastes, as odd as they could sometimes be. Plus she would be conveniently close to the youkai. Not that distance had ever been a problem for the two - but not having to take a train or necessarily use gaps to visit would be quite lovely.

@YAKUMO YUKARI
Touhou
Youkai
Parliament Member
Satori (The Almighty)
She/Her
"As always, I am happy to be of service," Yukari said, careful not to spill her own tea as she gave an approximation of a bow from her seat.

The small frown when Yukari confirmed that they were stuck here did not escape her notice. Indeed, it was a familiar feeling. The problem completely vexed Yukari. Every time she had tried, it was as though there was absolutely nothing beyond this multiverse - something that had left her wondering how she even got here to begin with. It was something she'd figure out eventually. Hopefully more easily now that Yuyuko was here with her, but the fact remained that for the moment something was actually a mystery to Yukari.

For the time being, at least.

Hearing Yuyuko's answer, though, Yukari smiled once more. "It's not Gensokyo, but there is plenty to like about this world. There's a certain fascination to it that I haven't felt since even before I met you." Even Gensokyo couldn't compare...not in the same way, at least. Gensokyo was her world, right down to the heavy hand she had had in its formation and current state. Elestis was...new. "Of course, I would be happy to help you get settled here."

As Yukari said that (actually, it might have seemed too convenient, were it not for the fact that she had only 'boarded' once the train entered the dimension of Elestis), the train slowed, and a voice announced that they were arriving at the station. "Shall we, then?" Yukari asked, holding out a gloved hand for Yuyuko.
TOUHOU PROJECT
Ghost
night guardian
AKEMI (she/her)
she/her
Yuyuko's smile widened as she brought the cup to her lips, watching Yukari's little bow out of the corner of her eye. The woman always managed to bring a smile to her face, even during the lowest of her lows. This was not quite so bad a situation, but arriving in Hialao on that first train, she had felt so lost. For as long as she could remember, she had never truly been alone - Youki had served her, and then Youmu, and there was always Yukari around somewhere, she swore the youkai had a sixth sense for when Yuyuko was feeling lonely and needed company. And there were others as well, of course. But to get off that train and truly be alone in a strange world - it had been an awful feeling. Finding out that Yukari was in this multiverse had done a lot to set her at ease, even if she hadn't found her immediately.

"That's been quite a long time, then. You'll have to tell me about everything you've found out so far, I would really like to know what it is about this place that piques your curiosity." For Yukari to be that interested in this world, it had to have something special about it. A type of fascination she hadn't felt in centuries, that had to mean something interesting was afoot. "It will be strange trying to get settled into a new place, especially without Youmu around." She missed the half-phantom girl already, as a matter of fact.

Yuyuko tucked her fan into her sleeve and reached out to grasp Yukari's gloved hand with one of her own, just slightly smaller than the youkai's. She rose carefully from her seat, making sure not to spill what was left of the tea on her dress - as of right now, it was the only she had, after all, and while tea stains could come out, she'd forgotten exactly what it took to get them out. Usually, Youmu did that kind of thing for her. "We shall," she replied.

@YAKUMO YUKARI
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE AND CAUTION
READ THE CBOX RULES. KEEP IT PG-13.