G O S S A M E R .
MEMBERS
CHATBOX
TAGBOX
SEARCH
WELCOME TO OUR MULTIVERSE.
You've slipped through the ephemeral veil of gossamer that separates your own world from ours. It is a train which mysteriously brought you here. These trains also serve as our lifeblood by interconnecting our six dimensions.

Hialao is the nucleus, a modern, sunny and hospitable seaside realm; Wildewall is steeped in tradition, good for those with archaic roots and a taste for wilderness; Elestis is the fantasy land of ever-tumbling magic and whimsical imagination; Parse whirs like the massive digital machine that it is, advanced and technological.

Barrows is the breeding ground of chaos, with refrains of grunge and anachronistic crime; Tethya is the small but glorious underwater world reminiscent of Victorian times; and those who don't feel at home in any of these places, or simply like to wander, are known as Drifters.

We're a panfandom roleplay forum for animated and illustrated media: this includes anime, manga, Western animation and comics, video games, visual novels, and more. We are hosted on Jcink Premium and are over 3 and a half years old. Please register in ALL CAPITALS!

THE TAGBOX.

Add Reply
New Poll

Wherever You Go, I Go!, Tag - Invader Zim
I wish I was special... But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo, What the hell am I doing here? I don't belong here, I don't belong here.
INVADER ZIM
HUMAN
DETECTIVE/BLOGGER
TIGER (SHE/HER)
HE/HIM
Dib had not been in this...alternative universe for very long but already he was coming to accept that things were better here for him than they had ever been back in his own universe. Which was precisely the problem! Zim had no doubt concocted this horrific evil plan where he dumped him in a world where he was actually accepted! Where he wasn't laughed at! Where he was surrounded by the very glorious paranormal creatures that he had been trying so very hard to prove existed, and that was absolutely fine. He could ask questions to his hearts content if the person was friendly enough. Best of all? None of these paranormal creatures had harmed him yet, he knew better than to drop all of his guards and simply treat all the people he met with open arms of course.

He never wanted to go back home, and that was what was so horrifically evil about it!

Without him there to protect it, the whole world would surely fall prey to whatever wider scheme Zim was hatching behind the scenes. His family would be gone, his Skool would be gone, everyone he had grown up with, everyone in general! As much as he hated it at home, if Zim was still there trying to destroy the planet it was his duty to continue to try and go back. Nobody else would be wise to his antics until it was too late. His father, sure, was a smart guy - the smartest in fact - but he still didn't believe that Zim was an alien, despite all of the evidence! Gaz just didn't seem to care and the rest of the humans were too dense to even realise paranormal incidents were just that when they happened right in front of their noses!

After arriving here on the inter-dimensional train, Dib had spent a long time sat in the station with his computer, trying to figure out how to get back. He'd read energy signals until he couldn't stay awake any more but there just wasn't anything he could do to manipulate them into taking him back. In the end, he had given up and decided that he would have to consult with some other people on their own research into this. He couldn't be the only person wanting to go home after all. Dib had spent a few days in Parse, where he had decided to set up shop, considering it was a technological hub and therefore the best place to be for all things scientific innovation. He had gotten himself a job as a detective, he had plenty of skills and while his role currently was getting coffee and filing - only helping out with cases when he forced his opinions and deductions onto the other detectives - he was enjoying it. He'd also decided, following his first meeting with a paranormal entity, that he would write a blog detailing his meetings with these creatures and promoting awareness. Positive awareness of the pleasant creatures, of course. No need to dissect and lock up when they were being so co-operative.

Now though, he was exploring the other regions. He probably shouldn't have come to this one in particular, but he was confident in the fact he could deal with anything that came his way. If he could emerge from a giant space battle where he flew a planet around unscathed, then he could definitely wander around this neighbourhood without getting seriously hurt. Dib had taken the train to the Barrows, because rumour had it they had quite an interesting Black Market. He had wanted to see if there were any interesting paranormal nick nacks that he could pick up, for research purposes. He had spent a good few hours wandering around, thoroughly entranced by some of the things on offer, before a familiar sight made his blood run cold.

Oh no.

No no no...why?!

He was having such a great time, yeah he had to go back but he could enjoy what little respite he had from his daily life of pain while he figured out how to do that. The sight of the one and only, Invader Zim, made Dib want to tear his hair out. Why did he have to ruin everything?

Then the thought struck him, Zim could not be plotting anything nefarious in his home universe if he was also stuck here. Surely the same rules would apply to him as applied to Dib? So, there then was no real reason to go back. He would need to instead protect this world from the destructive and maniacal tendancies of the alien invader! He must be up to something even now. Dib frowned and put down the relic that he had been eyeing previously, now was no time for shopping, he needed to make sure that Zim wasn't up to anything untoward. Putting his years of stealth training in spying on Zim to good use, Dib blended into the crowd for a moment, before starting to shadow the steps made by the alien, following a good few paces behind him, wherever he went.

wherever you go, i go!
@INVADER ZIM / 859 / suspicious dib is suspicious
Although it seems that now, we’re just playing around. It is much too soon to throw these ideas out! And today, standing there on the railway, all alone at the station’s end. Tomorrow’s me is surely waiting helplessly to take orders from a rather dumb and selfish scum dictator again...
Invader ZIM
Irken
BIOS Worker/Gang Member
starry (she/her or he/him)
He/him/his
If I’m a lesser of two evils, Who’s this man, who’s this act I hide behind?
The alien had taken to leading about his gang as usual on that day - the gang that was still terrified of him thanks to his little incident with 'Flowey'. Though if he heard about it now, he...probably wouldn't have done the same thing. That was pretty gruesome. It'd kept them all in line, yeah, but it was horrific. Not even to note the fact that--....

....No. Well. That hurt to remember. Part of his subconscious was still going 'no, well, she wouldn't like this', and he was listening to it. How sad was that? Pretty sad, in his own opinion. He resisted the urge for a pained grimace to form on his face as he kept moving onwards, trying to push the thought from his mind, even if it kept sticking around. Even worse when the gang had decided that apparently bludgeoning a scared human was a fantastic idea, and he just had to speak up against that.

"HOLD IT! YOU! QUIT WITH THAT!"

"But boss--"

The irken's eyes narrowed. "Does this human have anything we need? Information, items, anything they refuse to give?"

"No, but--"

"THEN LEAVE THEM ALONE." Zim snarled, waving his hand so that the member of his gang would leave them be. "THEY'RE HARMLESS." When the member froze for a few seconds in indecision, Zim shot at his hands with his PAK lasers, crossing his arms disapprovingly. The rest of the gang stared at him in complete confusion - their leader, who not too long ago, would've said to butcher a human needlessly without even being prompted was actually stopping the near death of one.

Not that Zim was going to give them room to think on that. "KEEP MOVING! DID ZIM TELL YOU TO STOP?! NO! THEN KEEP MOVING! D'AST, IT'S ALWAYS ME THAT GETS STUCK WITH THE IDIOTS!" As they kept moving along, the alien froze, looking at the poor shopkeeper. A long sigh escaped him, as he put a few coins on his booth.

"Condolences. I'm surrounded by idiotic trash of subordinates." He stated flatly. The shopkeeper stared at him in confused relief, and barely muttered out a 't-thank you...', which Zim half-cringed at. No. They really shouldn't be thanking him. "....You're alright now, at least. There. Goodbye."

With that, he began to use his PAK legs to try to catch up with the rest of his members--but froze when he saw something peculiar out of the corner of his eye. Something was following him.

Something with a big head.

"It feels like somebody...WANTS TO SELL ME SOMETHING!" He shouted, turning around dramatically. Of course, that wasn't the case, and he didn't notice anything...not yet, at least.

I wish I was special... But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo, What the hell am I doing here? I don't belong here, I don't belong here.
INVADER ZIM
HUMAN
DETECTIVE/BLOGGER
TIGER (SHE/HER)
HE/HIM
What was he seeing right now? This had to be some kind of trick there was no way that he had just seen Zim, Invader Zim, decide to spare the life of another living thing. That just went against everything that Dib had ever known about the alien. He was always so quick to inflict pain on him, on others, and didn't care about however many lives he put in danger in the process of getting what he wanted. From what Dib knew of him, which was a lot thanks to his constant surveillance, he wouldn't have stopped the poor shop keeper from getting beaten up back home. Hell, he would have probably joined in considering the guy seemed so helpless, it would have been a guaranteed ego boost to the alien.

He had some serious short guy issues.

At least he was still speaking in kind of the same way. Calling his subordinates trash, which from what Dib had seen alone in the fact they'd beat up a harmless old shop keeper, he had to agree with. Ugh, agreeing with Zim. What was the world coming to? The only thing they had ever agreed on was the fact that an alien war robot thing turning invisible, but not turning the rider invisible as well was stupid. Then he had promptly been attacked for daring to agree with Zim in the first place. Despite the outward changes Dib was seeing here, which he doubted was an act as Zim didn't know he was here. He'd not seen him up until now after all and he swore after all this time he had in-built Zim Sensors, so he'd know if he'd have been around.

Dib sucked in a breath and bobbed his head back down behind the stall he was hiding behind, the vendor was so out of it he didn't even seem to notice the small stow-away behind the counter. Heart pounding harder in his chest at the threat of discovery, Dib was very glad when he heard Zim shout out that he had the feeling it was someone trying to sell him something. Pfft, stupid alien. Though he supposed, given their location, it was a pretty good guess. He'd not say that out loud though. Zim was insufferable enough as it was.

When he was mostly sure that the heat would be off him, after a few minutes had passed, Dib carefully peeked his head over the counter top to try and get a location for Zim again. Swallowing lightly, Dib stopped raising his head once his eyes were clear over the wood of the counter, keeping his lower head hidden in case he needed to dip back down quickly. Unfortunately, the alien hadn't quite moved on yet and Dib panicked for a few seconds keeping himself very still and hoping that his lack of movement would mean Zim just moved on after the rest of his gang.

wherever you go, i go!
@INVADER ZIM / 492 / suspicious dib is suspicious
Although it seems that now, we’re just playing around. It is much too soon to throw these ideas out! And today, standing there on the railway, all alone at the station’s end. Tomorrow’s me is surely waiting helplessly to take orders from a rather dumb and selfish scum dictator again...
Invader ZIM
Irken
BIOS Worker/Gang Member
He/him/his
The alien's eyes had scanned across all of the booths, checking for anything suspicious - before he immediately shouted out. "AHA! I SEE IT!" A beat or two passed before he was looking at--one of the shopkeepers had managed to get one of those rubber pigs Gir liked so much. "...How much is this? Is it, what, like 5-bucks? My...little brother loves these things." So he happily bought the pig and was about to move along until--

"YOU?! ...You forgot to give me my change....okay, thanks." So he got his change, until he froze again, sloooowly looking over at where Dib was. "Huh. That's a strange bit of hair. Probably nothing, though." He shrugged, almost catching up with his gang before he paused, seeing a few of them - the more rowdy ones - almost ready to attack a poor old woman who'd run into them by accident. Immediately, the alien swooped in, giving them a disapproving glare. "Move. Along." He pointed forward. "NOOOOOOOOOOW!"

The old woman was frozen, and the alien let out an annoyed sigh. "...A...Apologies. Ma'am." He stated - and after realizing why she wasn't moving, he swooped back towards the gang, shooting the one who took the cane with a laser to the forehead. "STOP. THIS. CRAP." He snarled, taking the cane and handing it back to the old woman. "...There you go."

He froze, getting hugged by the lady and flinching. "N-No, that's...that's okay." He wriggled away, barely glancing at the group of idiots he was set to manage as he began to set about his way again....before finally noticing.

"Wait a minute. That's not--..." He turned around, pointing even more dramatically, if possible. "DIB!"

INVADER ZIM
HUMAN
DETECTIVE/BLOGGER
TIGER (SHE/HER)
HE/HIM
Dib cringed when Zim shouted that he had seen something, he automatically assumed that it was him and almost went to stand the rest of the way up in a dramatic springing motion. If he had been seen he might as well go all out with his entrance into this conversation and re-introduction to his arch nemesis Zim. Arch nemesis Zim sounded like too cool of a title, in retrospect, he was deserving of something lesser that wouldn’t make his head swell to the size of this market place.

Thankfully though, it hadn’t been him that Zim had spotted, instead it appeared to be a pig toy. Raising an eyebrow as Zim said that his little brother liked those kinds of toys, Dib began to wonder if there were more of Zim’s kind here on this planet and if he really did have a younger brother. In all the time that they had been fighting together he had only ever seen Zim and Gir live in that stupidly disguised house of theirs. Well, them and the even more idiotic robot parents. How they fooled anyone, Dib had no idea. Given the lack of younger brother seen previously, Dib guessed that this toy was in fact for Gir, Zim’s annoying robot. Did he really think of that thing as his little brother or was that just a cover? That implied that Zim could feel anything bar schadenfreude.

Dib flinched again when Zim shouted ‘YOU’ loud enough that he could have heard it back in Parse. He thought for sure that he had been spotted this time and once again went to stand up. Again, it turned out that Zim had shouted because of something that wasn’t him. It was getting a bit annoying now. Dib stayed where he was, trailing his eyes on the alien as he went over to join the men he had been with previously. Even that was out of sorts for the alien. Working in a group? They both had always worked alone, pretty much, so having the alien now with added allies was concerning, even if he did seem to be weirder in a good way than he had been back home.

Okay, officially, Dib was confused. Was he trapped in another simulation? Was this what this was? Zim was saving yet another person from being harmed by the men he was travelling with, this time an old lady. Dib watched in fascination as he even apologised to the woman for the antics of his friend. This was not right. Something was very very wrong. Zim had to know that he was here and had decided to set this up, just so Dib would think that he had changed. Yes! He bet that these gang members were all paid actors, just pretending to respect Zim and be his friends. The people Zim was ‘saving’ were probably paid too. Dib gritted his teeth and continued to watch as Zim was hugged by the old woman that he had just saved.

Zim would never let any ‘earth-pig’ touch him! What the hell was he watching here?!

Finally it seemed as if Zim had spotted him, now it was his time to sort out whatever the hell was going on once and for all. Dib dramatically vaulted over the top of the counter, much to the surprise of the stall owner who had finally noticed his presence, and stood before Zim, pointing his finger at the alien and a frown firmly fixed on his face;

”We meet again Zim!” he exclaimed loudly ”I’m on to your insidious plot, you won’t fool me! You aren’t really being nice, these people are just actors you’ve paid! Or robot…android…thingies. Whatever they are, whatever you’re planning, you won’t get away with it now I’m here!” Dib vowed, panting slightly when he had finished his rant thanks to the loudness of his shouting and the amount he had to say.

wherever you go, i go!
@INVADER ZIM / 656 / suspicious dib is suspicious
Invader ZIM
Irken
BIOS Worker/Gang Member
He/him/his
Zim quirked a brow at the response he was given, crossing his arms in annoyed disgust. "ZIM WOULD NOT PAY HUMANS TO BE NICE TO ZIM! ZIM is one to be feared, loathed, looked upon with HORROR, not....this." He stated, his voice going a bit hollow at the last part - mostly because it was fully hitting him that he was becoming nicer, whether he liked it or not, thanks to his...well, he supposed they weren't friends anymore after that mess - former friend's insistence that he could be a hero. "As much as you may not think it, Dib-stink, I don't have a plan with that. None of that was involved in my AMAZING, INSIDIOUS EVIL PLAN. It's just that...you can be evil. And do some okay things too. Kind of."

Not much of a defense, and already his reputation was falling by the second, but at least his worst enemy would definitely build it up again by declaring him the worst thing ever. Good. That'd save his rep tenfold. It all worked out in the end thanks to ZIM'S MAGNIFICENT LUCK. The Irken put the rubber pig into his PAK - gotta keep that safe for Gir later, just in case he ever showed up - and glared at Dib. "But believe what you want to believe. You can stop my not-plan if you want. But you will not be stopping it because it is a not-plan! Therefore, it is NOT your victory! It is VICTORY FOR ZIM! ...Or something like that."

The alien stood proudly--up until a little girl who couldn't have been more than 7 ran up, hugging his side. "You helped me find Snuffles earlier! Thank you, Zim!" She chirped. Zim froze, before he pat her head, letting out a sigh.

"...Just do not lose that cat again. It was hard enough to find the first time, and there are weird things in the sewers--I MEAN EVIL PLAN MWAHAHAHAHA." He glanced around, but everyone seemed...generally okay with him, so he looked at the little girl again. "Stay safe, and, um..." His voice lowered to a whisper. "Fake being scared."

The little girl nodded with understanding - not before staring at the human who appeared to be accusing the alien with her big eyes before looking back at Zim, and yelping. "Eek! Evil alien! Mama! Daddy!" She began to run off--not before barely keeping some laughter in.

The Irken paused for a few seconds, and let the relief that none of the gang seemed to be paying attention wash over him. "Phew. Okay. Where were we." He looked back up at Dib. "Oh yeah. EVIL PLANS, MWAHAHAHAHA!"

INVADER ZIM
HUMAN
DETECTIVE/BLOGGER
TIGER (SHE/HER)
HE/HIM
So he did still have an evil scheme going on in this world, Dib knew it! The nicey nicey act was just a front, of course it was, so that people would lower their guard accept him into their society and then he could strike when they least expected it. It was a better approach than the open hostility he had used when he had arrived on their planet back home, but he wasn’t about to commend the alien for his change in tact. Not when it could end with this new and much preferred world being under someone as insufferable and incompetent as Zim’s thumb, if that was even what that digit was called on his weird three fingered hand. The fact that Zim said that you could be evil and still do good things made Dib snort out a laugh fuelled by sheer disbelief;

”No, you can’t.” he pointed out in a haughty tone ”If you do good things then you can’t be wholly evil, you probably just have issues someone ought to help you with.” Dib stated, putting his point of view across before he added in a shout ”So it’s obvious this is still ALL AN ACT because you are a creature of PURE EVIL ZIM. You’re not capable of being good, in all the time I’ve been watching you back home I’ve not seen you do a single thing that wasn’t motivated by your own selfishness.”

Dib just about died when a young girl ran up and hugged, actually hugged Zim and exclaimed that he had helped her find her pet earlier. His mouth popped open and he stared in disbelief at the scene before him. What the hell was this? How could this be happening? Zim was voluntarily touching the kid back? Had the trip here made him somehow malfunction? Was there an error with his stupid PAK thing? Dib knew that he was simply gawking at the two of them as they interacted with each other but his brain was struggling to process what was happening in front of him. This just, didn’t make sense. Every fibre of his being was telling him this was so so wrong, that Zim was definitely up to something, he just had to find out what that was.

He merely raised an eyebrow when Zim decided to add in a mention of an ‘evil plan’ after the girl had claimed he’d saved her cat. Oh yeah, that sounded like a real evil plan there. Could there really be something to this whole, ‘a bad guy could do good things’ stick that Zim had toted?

”Oh yeah. Great evil plan Zim, saving a little girls cat. I’m quaking in fear.” Dib retorted with a huff, crossing his arms about his chest and glaring at the alien intently ”Okay, let’s say I choose to believe your obvious lie that you’re deciding to go ahead and incorporate good deeds into your life…you’re still hurting people, aren’t you? Otherwise why would you be hanging out with The Stabby McGee Gang over there? So you’re not getting off the hook that easy. I’m not going to rest while there is still a SHADOW of doubt you’re going to turn around and try your stupid ‘bleh bleh bleh invader bleh destroy the world bleh’ stuff here.”

wherever you go, i go!
@INVADER ZIM / 553 / suspicious dib is suspicious
Invader ZIM
Irken
BIOS Worker/Gang Member
He/him/his
Zim rolled his eyes at the whole 'PURE EVIL' thing, well, at least....well...the one friend he had would disagree, but that didn't say much, considering the one friend he had was still met through a dosage of casual murder. But...it still counted! Kind of! Mostly! Not really, especially when the one hero friend he'd had now hated him.

Dib sarcastically remarked on the whole 'saving a cat' thing, and Zim couldn't help but almost wince. "THAT WAS...BESIDE THE POINT. AND YOU SHOULD BE. FEARING ZIM IS A GOOD THING." He snapped, and immediately continued to be on the defensive. "Of course I'm still evil. I said it myself. You're wasting your time looking into what I'm doing, but it's still OBNOXIOUSLY EVIL. PEOPLE FEAR ZIM AROUND HERE. THERE IS NO REASON WHY THEY SHOULDN'T, NO PERSON WHO HAS INFLUENCED ZIM TO ....BE BETTER. KIND OF. SORT OF. NOTHING AND NO ONE!"

Yeah, up until it was obvious no one was taking this whole 'evil' thing seriously, and some of them were even muttering about the 'cute alien kid' at that. Zim twitched, a frown on his face. "Everyone is still DOOMED! DOOMED, I SAY! DOOOOOOME--" He paused, looking over. "Oh, watch your step, there's a crack there--"

....A few beats after he'd actually politely spoke up to someone to keep them from getting hurt.

"....DOOMED!"

INVADER ZIM
HUMAN
DETECTIVE/BLOGGER
TIGER (SHE/HER)
HE/HIM
”What happened to you?” Dib whispered, shaking his head in disbelief as he looked at Zim with even larger eyes than usual.

This was just so wrong on so many levels. He felt wrong listening to Zim casually tell someone that they were going to step on a crack and to ‘watch their step’. It just didn’t compute with him. Everything that he knew about Zim was being thrown into chaos. This really couldn’t be anything but an insidious plan to try and trick him. There was no way that someone who he literally had no positive experiences with could have turned their life into…something half decent in however long he had been here. Zim was mocking him, wasn’t he? Laughing at him inside because of how gullible he could be sometimes. As soon as he left he was going to go back to his normal, evil, alien self and laugh with his gang at the fact that he’d gotten away with this!

Dib just didn’t understand what was happening, he didn’t know if someone had gotten to Zim and forcibly changed the make up of his brain or something like that, but that seemed far more likely than the aggressive and cruel alien reforming. Even just a little bit. From what he had said to him, Zim might have met with someone who had influenced him into changing his outlook. Could that really have been all that the stupid alien needed? Someone to poke him away from the path of evil and wanton destruction? That would have never worked back home! As soon as Zim had arrived he had all about alien conquest and only he, the greatest paranormal detective, was there to stop him. He knew that he had the destruction of the earth in mind, he’d heard it on that transmission and the alien had never shown anything otherwise.

A little bit of uncertainty welled up inside of him and his wide-eyed stare faultered into something a little softer for a beat or two, before he shook his head and tried to put those incorrect thoughts out of his mind. It was only going to end up with him being hurt. This was literally the person who had decided to mentally provide him with a perfect life, to rip it all away, just to find out if he was the person who had thrown a muffin at him in the cafeteria.

”Someone encouraged you to be like this?” Dib asked, taking a couple of steps towards Zim with a confused frown on his face ”Who?” he pressed, before his eyes flicked towards the members of the gang that were loitering in the distance. He didn’t care if Zim’s reputation went down the pan, really he didn’t – in fact it was preferable if it did – but he knew that it might influence the answers that the shouty alien would give him. At least he was in public, there was less chance of Zim trying to pull anything while they were surrounded by other people. Note there was less chance, not no chance at all.

wherever you go, i go!
@INVADER ZIM / 516 / suspicious dib is suspicious
Invader ZIM
Irken
BIOS Worker/Gang Member
He/him/his
What happened to you? He hadn't changed that much. Had he? ...Probably not. He still felt like the same old Zim, like nothing had changed other than...well. No. A few things had changed, he supposed. For one, Asriel had said that he shouldn't listen to the Tallest since they were....treating him like he was, and he could be his own person, he didn't have to be...a normal Irken invader, especially not when they'd have his head for even considering abandoning the mission...the alien faltered for a few seconds, childishly shrugging, trying to bat the ideas out of his mind until the next thing Dib said particularly struck him.

Someone encouraged you to be like this? Who? ....He faltered even further, at the reminder that originally he was doing this for someone's sake - a friend's sake, at that - was painful. "....It's none of your business. Just accept it for what it is." He stated flatly, all emotion seeming to be sucked from his tone in one swoop. "She's not a part of this, and I'm not doing it for her sake anymore, anyway."

He was stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. This whole thing was stupid! "Just know that I'm still bad. I'm still awful. And everyone will still bow to my fist one day, whether they like it or not." That was more serious-sounding than most of his usual proclamations, but it was a clear sign that there wouldn't be any more treading over that line, if he could help it.

It definitely did hurt him to think about, and he definitely was going to try to avoid thinking about it as much as possible. He wanted to make everything...better for her sake originally, but now he was just doing it because doing it was...something to do, he supposed. Something to keep his mind off of being surrounded by stupid humans, with a few who were marginally grateful for what he did, and now there was stupid Dib coming in with his usual stupid 'nyeh you're the worst thing ever' stuff, and it wasn't like he could just go 'Yeah, that whole invasion thing? My people are going to kill me because I'm thinking it over a bit.' That wouldn't ever work.

So he just had to keep dealing with it.

And maybe just go see Asriel later and cry about it. That'd feel okay, too.

INVADER ZIM
HUMAN
DETECTIVE/BLOGGER
TIGER (SHE/HER)
HE/HIM
This conversation was going in swings and roundabouts. First Zim was almost sweet to those people he had been helping, then he turned around and tried to be his usual shouty and ‘evil’ self and now he was speaking without any emotion at all. Dib couldn’t keep up with the alien’s change in moods which really didn’t help his theory of this all being some kind of act he’d put on. If it wasn’t an act and Zim was really doing those things for those people out of some kind of desire to do good then, Dib didn’t know what he was going to do now.

Did he still survey the alien? Surely he would need to right? Especially after Zim reminded him that he was still bad and was intent on having everyone bow to his fist one day. When he spoke those words Dib could hear how serious he was and it made him frown even deeper in contemplation. Silently he stood and thought over what was happening. He didn’t want to rush into speaking here. There was a different tone to this conversation than most of their previous ones had shared. Dib didn’t know what that meant, but, seeing this side of Zim was a change.

From what he could gather Zim had changed his behaviour for a girl, maybe a girlfriend? Then something had happened and he was no longer doing it for that reason any more. Dib doubted that it was because Zim didn’t need the other persons prompting any more. Maybe they had stopped being friends but he was still doing small acts of good because it had become second nature? If that was the case he would need someone to keep poking him in the right direction.

That wasn’t going to be him though.

Dib shifted his gaze to the gang members who were paying rapt attention to their conversation and he wondered if that last part had been added in solely for their benefit? Ugh! There were too many things he didn’t know, too many secrets that were being kept from him and too many half stories. He needed to know the truth and he didn’t trust Zim to give it to him whatsoever. He didn’t have his survey equipment on him now, so he couldn’t do much in terms of gathering data, besides, Zim would be on his guard now that he knew he was in the area. Dib would have to seek him out another time, to get to the bottom of this.

”Alright.” Dib replied with a shrug of his shoulders ”But you just remember that if what you say is true I will always be there to stop you Zim! If you start to endanger this world or it’s people then just like back home you’re going to have me, the greatest paranormal detective, to thwart your plans!” Dib added with his usual confidence, pointing his finger dramatically at the alien.

Glancing back at the market, Dib…didn’t really know how to end this little confrontation now. Normally he was chased off by gnomes, or he was left in some horrible predicament and had to get himself out of it. Now he was just kind of, going to have to walk off awkwardly. Like he said, he had no equipment to actually do anything significant surveillance wise with him, this had only been a day trip after all and he’d not expected Zim to show up.

”I’ll see you around, then, I guess, maybe? Or maybe not! You’ll never know!” Dib attempted a goodbye, his voice turning eerie as he added the last part to his speech. Really he didn’t know how to behave right now, and strange seemed to be his default setting.

wherever you go, i go!
@INVADER ZIM / 625 / goodbyes are awkward
Invader ZIM
Irken
BIOS Worker/Gang Member
He/him/his
Usually, Zim would've laughed. Usually, he would've made a disparaging remark about 'greatest', ha. Usually he would've informed the Dib-stink that his lawn gnomes would've caught any stalking of him, so he definitely would know. But this wasn't usually. "....Yeah, okay, whatever." That was blunt, straight-to-the point, and careless. "C'mon, Gir, let's g--..." The words stopped on his tongue, before he clenched his teeth together.

"....." He didn't say a word as he bolted off after the rest of his gang, his teeth clenched tightly, whatever thoughts he had in mind being forced to blur by his own comprehension, and his expression downright painful. Once he'd finally caught up with the rest of his gang, he snarled at them. "WHAT ARE YOU STARING AT?! NOTHING DISRUPTED MY FLARKING MOOD! WE HAVE WORK TO DO!" He snapped, pointing forward. "AND IF I GET ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW I FEEL--YOU'LL ALL PAY FOR THEM! DEARLY!"

Zim didn't bother to look back, his big maroon eyes staying pointed forward, though he wasn't looking at anything in particular. He'd have to go talk to Asriel later again. That'd be nice. Everything was bad, but at least he had his tall, capable, super-strong friend who was completely there for him without question. "....Stupid Dib-stink." He muttered to himself, letting out an annoyed sigh.

Up until a cat disrupted it, nearly clawing at his leg. "G--Snuffles--" He scowled at it. "...I'm not in the mood." He sneered, up until the cat merely pat at his leg. "............."

As he saw the little girl gaining on her pet, he began to walk away. At least she had that.

Loneliness wasn't exactly a familiar emotion to him, but he sure felt it now.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE AND CAUTION
READ THE CBOX RULES. KEEP IT PG-13.