http://i.imgur.com/14BWPig.png
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register!
Hello, and welcome to GOSSAMER! If you're reading this, you either haven't logged in, or you haven't joined our game! Interested? Take a look around, read our information, and consider registering. We've been around a long time and will continue to be; we're here for you.

Gossamer is a panfandom roleplay forum for animated and illustrated media: this includes anime, manga, Western animation and comics, video games, visual novels, and more. We are hosted on Jcink Premium and are over 3 years old. Please register in ALL CAPITALS.

Add Reply
New Poll

Message Man, protag / azula
ROBIN
 Posted: Jul 29 2016, 04:34 PM
ROBIN
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
28 Post(s)
elestis
fire emblem: awakening
human
twenty
He/him
advisor & ambassador
Time to tip the scales!
as written by Tabris
She/her

Robin was inclined to believe that, regardless of the nature of the world, farm labor was a constant. In Ylisse, he’d dug in his heels before many a field, wielding lightning to ward off the blight of Risen from destroying a village’s livelihood. While Wildewall’s fields did not seem threatened by undead armies (as far as Robin could tell, looks could be deceiving), there was something reminiscent to the golden0green countryside of the Halidom that had become his home.

The farmers that fed the dimension toiled in the fields, assisted by animals, from standard horses to more exotic breeds of draft beasts, from buffalo-looking behemoths to horned creatures of alien build and vibrant colors. The tactician himself was riding a modest horse, past its prime but still on its feet, a loan from the temple he had visited earlier in the morning. Perhaps less of a loan and more of a mercy, as Robin’s trek was to be long and his feet were sure to fail him before the summer sun reached its zenith. His journey was technically doubling back, since he’d walked out to the temple in the outskirts only to find that the reason for his journey was back in the fields not far from the train station

While the tactician was, as a rule, wary of religious orders and their zealots, he found that the order residing in Wildewall to be exceedingly generous. He’d had a similar impression of acolytes visiting Elestis, seeking permission to perform philanthropic works. In spite of his initial misgivings, he found the humble group endlessly entertaining in their close-knit dynamic, enough to listen to their tales of temple intrigue, of the good works and of brothers and sisters pulled from all walks of life and all manner of circumstances. The one who caught Robin’s interest was the story of the amnesiac priestess, a woman who the group had insisted he eventually meet. And sure enough, on an off-day gifted by some spell in the castle gone horribly awry (Robin did not know the details, but bullfrogs were apparently involved), the tactician found himself bored enough to make the train trip over to Wildewall. Of course, when he arrived, he learned quickly that most of the acolytes were out in the field, assisting the farmers hardest hit by recent drought. And thus, Robin was forced to turn around and make his way back to town before the day was entirely wasted

The field that the man searched for seemed to be a part of another world. Only miles away, the bazaar bustled with the energy of an angry beehive. Yet in the farmlands, there was peace in the air, hanging heavy with the heat of the gathering noon. The object of Robin’s search became obvious when the tactician looked to a half-plowed field and found robes amongst overalls and jeans. Though Robin could often pass for a soldier, he was painfully aware of how out of place he looked amongst farmers, an obvious scholar in tactician’s garb, toting tomes on the back of his wearied horse. But he held his head high and with a friendly smile as he dismounted and strode through the field toward the closest, humbly-clad priestess. When he spoke, his voice was parched, cracked and dry with dust from the road, his snowy hair streaked with the same.

“I’m sorry to bother you,” he spoke, insistent but warm, coughing a bit as he said his piece. “I’m looking for one of your sisters. Yang, I think. Do you know a Yang?” He looked around, as though a quick scan might yield the woman in question. As expected, he was just as lost as before and he looked back to the acolyte with a sheepish smile, fidgeting slightly as he waited for any hint of instruction or dismissal.

ROBIN I
AZULA – Look! I stole your template!

^
AZULA
 Posted: Aug 9 2016, 03:54 AM
AZULA
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
71 Post(s)
wildewall
human
seventeen
she/her
priestess
You were born with nothing. So you've had to struggle and connive and claw your way to power. But true power, the divine right to rule, is something you're born with.
as written by protag
she/her

The acolyte looked up from her work on the soil, having been interrupted right as she had plunged her shovel into the ground with surprising strength. She was young, no longer a child yet not quite a woman, with slender shoulders that carried the burden of thick, nondescript woolen robes weighing like carpets down her arms. The bottom of her robes were faded with dirt and her toes were coated in dust. But under the strict gaze of the sun, her skin glowed pale and clean like a smooth pearl, her eyes shining in bright amber even in the glaring day.

With slender fingers and cut nails, she pulled strands of her silky black hair behind her ear, scoping the foreigner in deep violet cloak with unhidden wonder. She spotted a distance away that he came with a horse, mounted by thick books. A scholar? What he had come to Azula for?

“Oh, no, you didn’t bother me at all,” she said off-handedly, a reflex to be friendly, looking thoughtfully from the horse and then to the man. Without the sugary rendition of Yang though – Azula having been distracted by the scholar’s sudden appearance – it had sounded almost sarcastic. She looked at him, uncertainty and doubt shaped around her eyes. “But I know a Yang. You’re looking at her. Is there…something you need…?”

It would not be unlike of the cursed matron to command Yang another task while she was already busy with one, and to be assigned to a stranger would not be the first time either. Time and time again, Azula had showed Wildewall’s woeful state to the volunteers of other dimensions in heightened acting, pleading for their intervention to “alleviate the suffering of her friends” and singing to them about their bottomless kindness for “becoming a light to Wildewall.” Wildewall was a ceaseless charity case. The outsiders who came to Wildewall had stopped being tourists a long time ago.

But something about this encounter was telling Azula that this was different. She could not discern much from the man with one look, except that he had a fancy living and had taken a beating from his journey. What did he want from her?

AZULA I | ROBIN
[OOC] rip that template. it was so young....

^
ROBIN
 Posted: Sep 25 2016, 12:20 AM
ROBIN
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
28 Post(s)
elestis
human
twenty
He/him
advisor & ambassador
Time to tip the scales!
as written by Tabris
She/her

Though the priestess quickly stated that his questions were no bother, Robin had initially felt a sting of guilt as he watched her divorce herself from what must have been a weary system of labor. The woman before him received a tactician’s initial appraisal, an involuntary screening that went through Robin’s mind upon any first meeting. The priestess was young and she was beautiful, a beauty like the light glinting off the edge of a knife in multicolored fractals. Even so, her youth had not been a shield; that much resonated in her voice and her chosen occupation. And in spite of her beauty, the girl had not shied away from labor or meager provisions, as was apparent in her unabashed display of the plain robes and the dirt that adorned them. All in all, the tactician sensed no threat, which was saying much considering his judgment of priesthood.

Robin was wary still, if only a bit, even as the surface kindness of her words and assurances smoothed over some bit of the man’s fluster. Still, it took the tactician long second to realize that the girl he spoke to was, indeed, the one he was looking for. When the revelation did dawn on him, his apprehension seemed to vanish and he smiled, a warm expression that highlighted a spot of mud from the road smeared upon his chin.

“Ah, so my luck is not so bad after all. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Yang. You can call me Robin,” he said, extending a hand to shake, his long sleeve only falling half out of the way of his palm. A hand offered was a cherished gift, in Robin’s mind. A hand had been offered to him once, in a field not so dissimilar from this one, and that moment had directed his life for years to come. Though Robin wished for none of the gravity Chrom’s gesture had had, he found the situation pleasantly ironic. Perhaps this truly was a chance for him to pay forward the great kindness that Chrom had once done him.

The man coughed again, still having yet to clear the dust from his throat, before continuing in a slightly hoarse and quietly embarrassed tone. “As for my business, it may sound somewhat-“ he paused for a moment, searching for the right word. “-strange. Perhaps better spoken of in a different place.” Robin was only too keenly aware that he was standing amongst a field of hardworking acolytes, distracting one from contributing to what was likely one of the temple’s many good works. He felt quite foolish to consider speaking of lost memories in muddy farmland.

Robin shifted his weight, rubbing his shock of snowy hair absentmindedly as he sought to remedy the social hole he had dug himself into. “Is there any way that I can help you with your work here? You seem short of hands, and I promise that I am much more familiar with this sort of labor than I might seem.”

ROBIN II | @AZULA
[OOC] I’ve moved on to yet another stolen template, rip old beauty

^
AZULA
 Posted: Feb 6 2017, 05:57 AM
AZULA
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
71 Post(s)
wildewall
human
seventeen
she/her
priestess
You were born with nothing. So you've had to struggle and connive and claw your way to power. But true power, the divine right to rule, is something you're born with.
as written by protag
she/her

Azula shook hands with Robin. Despite the gentle Yang’s demure appearance, her hands were a bit course from labour but her touch was still light and… unsure. Only for a brief moment. Yang was accepting because she was naïve and did not suspect a thing from strangers. Strangers had welcomed Yang. Strangers are sheltering Yang. Strangers were clearly friends. She smiled a small smile and showed Robin eyes that could not resist staring at him with unconcealed curiosity.

Such a simple girl. If you wandered in the Fire Nation, you would be dead in three days’ time.

“Oh, I-I’m not the one who tells others what to do… You’ll have to speak with the matron. Didn’t she send you?” she prodded carefully, searching Robin’s face. Her fingers restlessly gripped around the shovel as she looked nervously to the side, trying to maintain a meek, subservient smile. “And, anyway, someone of your position shouldn’t be doing work meant for peasants. Um.” Her hands fumbled, deciding whether to put the shovel down or not. She placed it on the side to give Robin her full attention. “I should be helping you. You need something, right? My name is Yang. Oh, but you already know that. I’m sorry.”

AZULA II
^
ROBIN
 Posted: Feb 10 2017, 02:15 AM
ROBIN
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
28 Post(s)
elestis
human
twenty
He/him
advisor & ambassador
Time to tip the scales!
as written by Tabris
She/her

Yang’s hands were softer than a routine laborer’s. They did not hold the same deep-set callouses of a person born into a peasant’s life (so she was not like Donnel, the kid had been handling farm tools for his entire life), or even the scars of a warrior’s hands (like practically any other Shepherd, including Robin himself). Her smile was open, a bit hesitant at first, but Robin always came to expect caution in strangers. He’d come from a more hostile world. Even so, the girl’s friendliness was contagious. Robin felt himself ease into a mirrored smile, dropping her hand after perhaps a second too long of a shake.

When Yang spoke of permissions, he almost felt bad for imposing upon the obviously hard-working girl. “Ah, you’d have to point her out to me. I’ve only met a couple of your sisters on one of their trips to Elestis.” he said, scanning the fields but finding only workers dressed in the same attire, focusing hard on the task at hand. He couldn’t tell any of the priestesses apart, especially at the current distance. Robin did feel rather guilty for distracting a pious woman from her good works, even more so when she seemed to feel some obligation to put down the shovel to talk to him. He would have gladly taken up the tool himself, if he was sure that the girl wouldn’t be mortified by the proposition.

But there was one thing that caught Robin’s ear, the tiniest of machinations of his strategic mind working subconsciously to find any semblance of threat or danger. How would one assume that Robin were in a position of importance at all? Perhaps it was the manner of his dress, the way he held himself. He considered carefully, then decided to make nothing of it.<b> “My position is not so important that it’s made me soft. Yet, at least.”</b> Robin guaranteed. Perhaps that was a bit of a lie. Robin certainly did not keep the same training regimens he’d had as a Shepherd, but it wasn’t as if he were out of shape or practice. He could certainly still shovel a field. As if to prove his point, he took off his robe (a long, billowing thing that seemed more of an encumbrance than a help in any practical situation) and rolled up his sleeves. Of course, he was still missing the shovel.

“I only really sought you out to talk,” Robin said, almost distractedly. He was stretching on the tips of his toes to look past Yang’s shoulder to try and seek out where they were keeping tools. “As an amnesiac myself-” he said, and then stopped himself. It was already too late. Robin closed his eyes tight for a brief moment, internally chastising himself. When he reopened his eyes, he focused them back on the girl. He spoke quickly to try and make up for any awkwardness that Yang might be feeling, to have a stranger bring up something so personal. “Your sisters had mentioned you when I met them sometime ago. I wanted to meet you because… well, when I woke up with no memories of who I was, or what or why, there were friends who were there for me right from the start. I just wanted to tell you that you aren’t alone. And if you need anyone to talk to, you can reach out to me.” Paying it forward, that’s what Robin had justified his adventure to Wildewall as. “Though if you’d rather not ever take me up on that offer, that’s fine as well.”

ROBIN III
@AZULA – We’re back in this

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Add Reply
New Poll