http://i.imgur.com/14BWPig.png
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register!
Hello, and welcome to GOSSAMER! If you're reading this, you either haven't logged in, or you haven't joined our game! Interested? Take a look around, read our information, and consider registering. We've been around a long time and will continue to be; we're here for you.

Gossamer is a panfandom roleplay forum for animated and illustrated media: this includes anime, manga, Western animation and comics, video games, visual novels, and more. We are hosted on Jcink Premium and are over 3 years old. Please register in ALL CAPITALS.

Add Reply

Ghost of bookworms' pasts, Lavi
KAKYOIN NORIAKI
 Posted: Jan 29 2017, 07:34 PM
KAKYOIN NORIAKI
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
61 Post(s)
tethya
JJBA
HUMAN
he
STUDENT
No regrets. No matter what happens now, I have no regrets.
as written by SHADE
she

the old miserable me

He had a lot of cramming to do. Out of all the things he had been told not to strain himself over given his recent discharge from the hospital, studying was not one of them. He couldn’t run for extended periods of time, use his Stand for any kind of fighting for too long, or even eat certain foods because the mess that was now his internal organs were still clearing away scar tissue.

But Kakyoin was adamant about playing out the game with the cards he had been dealt. He really had no other choice. If he chose to stop, life would move on without him. And like hell he was just going to give up after those 50 days of struggling through enemy Stand users.

Kakyoin was going to enroll in the university Joutarou was in, granted he would be in an entirely different department, but he was excited. It was a fresh new start. He wouldn’t isolate himself like he had before, and he was free of his parents so he could study what he liked. Even if it wasn’t a “stable” line of work, art was still a passion of his, and he could manage the workload of it alongside his programming courses.

The problem just presented itself in his one year gap of being in a coma. It wasn’t like he had wanted to be a character pulled straight out of a television drama, but apparently, DIO had just hurt him that badly. The only way to spite the dead vampire now was to get up, study, and take those grade-skipping exams. It would be enough to get him entry.

Kakyoin had his arms piled high with Math books. He had just gotten through basic logic and coding, but he found that he would end up taking Differential Equations, so he’d need to brush up on his Calculus. He made his way slowly through the aisles, leaning against his forearm crutch as he located the textbook on a shelf a little too high for him to reach. Glancing around, Kakyoin decided that it wouldn’t hurt if he used his Stand for juuuust this little thing.

One of Hierophant’s tendril’s manifested itself from his outline, reaching up to slowly tug the book from the shelf. He lowered it carefully, allowing it to rest in his outstretched hand before pulling it towards his chest. Hierophant vanished, along with the green glow that outlined his form, not that anyone could see it. Not here.

Okay. He had to get back to studying. Kakyoin turned, hobbling back towards his seat when he noticed someone at the other end of the shelf. Ah, shoot. He hadn’t seen him earlier. Had he seen him grab the textbook?

@LAVI | Ghosty goos
^
LAVI
 Posted: Feb 6 2017, 12:34 AM
LAVI
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
105 Post(s)
elestis
D. Gray-Man
Human
Nineteen
HE/HIM
Guards & Record Keeper
Ink does not talk to the calligrapher. Does your heart grieve for every trail of ink you left behind, "Lavi"? You feel for the "ink" that is people.
as written by Captain
SHE/HER

So tell me how does it feel?
Lavi was constantly reminded that he came from a different time than a lot of people. To be granted, the transition wasn’t jarring -- he had seen televisions and mechas during this time at the Black Order – but that still didn’t change the fact that a lot of people had like… these fancy motor-controlled ‘cars’ when it was usually only the wealthy that could be bothered with a horse carriage? Or the fact that the trains weren’t steam powered. It could be just… strange dimensional magic powering them, but really what happened to the steam engine? It was the biggest thing back in the 19th century, at least for everyone else that didn’t have access to whatever the Black Order cooked up with the Vatican’s money.

Never mind him “fitting in” with the “current” time. That wasn’t his problem except for when he needed to learn about the conveniences better technology it brought. If anything, the Bookman apprentice was a whole lot more interested in what he missed. While this place was an amalgamation of people from different worlds, it was easy to learn that at least many of the non-original residents were from a version of 'Earth' similar to that of his.

Which would hint toward text existing about Earth and its history. Whether they came with the people that arrived at Hialao for the first time or something that was written after some time spent in the multiverse, it didn't really matter much. The man was on a search for knowledge.

The redhead already had a sizable collection back at his home, his money spent on getting any kind of publication that circulated. In a new and barren space, the only way he knew how to make it 'comfortable' was to fill it with books. Of course, it was just him grabbing too many things he could find after peeking at the spines or pages and determining if he could really read them (he didn't really expect to find strange languages that he can't read, but until he was probably taught them, he won't be spending unnecessary money). Eventually, he quickly ran out of material to read, and went to the library that resided in Iscantir's town square.

It was huge, comparable to what the Black Order had offered, but including a whole bunch of books about magic (and magical books, there's a difference he noted). But... he couldn't really quite put a finger on it. The library was great sure, but he didn't feel... comfortable in it? Or rather, it was probably too magical for him to really make it feel like an average library, a little bit like home.

That led him to expand his search, out into the dimensions and all. Not exactly the most ideal plan if he wanted a 'regular' spot to visit that wasn't his cluttered home, but when was Lavi ever deterred by 'not the most ideal of plans'? He went to Tethya a few times before, part sightseeing and all, and figured that even if the whole place was themed to be aquatic (creative, really architectures), the buildings were similar to the cities back at home. One submarine ride later with some foot work here and there found him actually in a library.

Mhmm, less magical floating things and more normalcy. Good, he wouldn't that too distracted then.

Of course he would go to the historical section first. Eye scanning over the spines and fingers pulling them out of their tight spots. He'd gather a whole collection first before finding a spot to sit down. What he was really looking at were the dates the books seemed to cover, and if he could find anything interesting from his first read-through, he'll focus in down on probably specific parts in his next hoard.

Oh, while he was at it, he might as well drop by and see if there were any new discoveries in the field of Mathematics. Not that he would need to know, but Lavi liked numbers anyway. Him... let's see, there should have been a breakthrough somewhere after his time. After all, around his time he was pretty sure that Germany was driven to supporting pure mathematics for its own sake, compared to France's pursuit of its practical use.

Adjusting his pile of books so it would be at a less of a risk for slipping, the redhead strolled past the shelves while peeking into the aisles. He didn't memorize the whole layout of the library yet, so he was still doing a little bit of searching around. But, um--

This is exactly why he wanted to find another place not in Iscantir. His mind rationalized that it had to be magic -- hell he lived in a dimension where all of that existed. He saw more bizarre things that he couldn't really explain. But his logical side's attempt at keeping calm wasn't really going too well. He blinked, once then twice, and he realized that his jaws had been agape before snapping shut.

"I-- er--" Shit Lavi, get yourself together, "I just saw a floating book, didn't I?"

@KAKYOIN NORIAKI why so spook. this is what he wanted to avoid in elestis.
captain.

^
KAKYOIN NORIAKI
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 01:57 AM
KAKYOIN NORIAKI
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
61 Post(s)
tethya
JJBA
HUMAN
he
STUDENT
No regrets. No matter what happens now, I have no regrets.
as written by SHADE
she

the old miserable me

He looked shocked. Kakyoin paused, subconsciously worrying at his bottom lip with his teeth as he waited for a response from the man that was now staring intently at him. He had definitely seen.

Honestly, a part of him was glad that he was no longer going to school at home. Rumors about his creepiness and lonesome tendencies seem to spread all the time. When he had been a child, the kids had been terrified of him. All because the one time he had used Hierophant for something. He had never done it again, of course, but that didn't stop the crazy rumors that had spread, or the bullying that came with it.

Kakyoin found himself getting slightly defensive. It seemed that even after his 50 days traveling with the other Crusaders and getting used to being accepted hadn't done much for his general social skills with strangers. But finally, the other spoke up, looking plenty frazzled.
"....Yes," Kakyoin replied after some hesitation, shifting a bit uncomfortably. "It's...an ability of mine--a Stand. It's normal to not be able to see it. I just... I couldn't reach so I..."
He hesitated. Why was he trying to justify himself to a complete stranger?

"I needed the textbook... I've got some tests to study for. Sorry, I didn't mean to surprise you."

@LAVI | RIP Lavi
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Add Reply