G O S S A M E R .
MEMBERS
CHATBOX
TAGBOX
SEARCH
WELCOME TO OUR MULTIVERSE.
You've slipped through the ephemeral veil of gossamer that separates your own world from ours. It is a train which mysteriously brought you here. These trains also serve as our lifeblood by interconnecting our six dimensions.

Hialao is the nucleus, a modern, sunny and hospitable seaside realm; Wildewall is steeped in tradition, good for those with archaic roots and a taste for wilderness; Elestis is the fantasy land of ever-tumbling magic and whimsical imagination; Parse whirs like the massive digital machine that it is, advanced and technological.

Barrows is the breeding ground of chaos, with refrains of grunge and anachronistic crime; Tethya is the small but glorious underwater world reminiscent of Victorian times; and those who don't feel at home in any of these places, or simply like to wander, are known as Drifters.

We're a panfandom roleplay forum for animated and illustrated media: this includes anime, manga, Western animation and comics, video games, visual novels, and more. We are hosted on Jcink Premium and are over 3 and a half years old. Please register in ALL CAPITALS!

THE TAGBOX.

Add Reply
New Poll

Friendly Faces and Coffee Cups, Yui~
Rabbits can die of loneliness, you know.
Tokyo Ghoul
Human
Detective Intern
Carma (Thing)
He/Him
Lights
will guide
you home
And ignite
your bones
And I will try to fix you
People were just, like, his thing. He was a people reader, and as he liked to pride himself, a listener. A real listener, the kind who didn’t just hear words, but body language. Especially that. Like, people were stupid as hell. They would go all “oh, yeah, I’m fine, I’m totally fine” with their mouth but then they had their arms crossed over their chest, shoulders sagged forward a bit, and their feet barely picked up when they took steps. Or they were super rigid or a bit shaky or their eyes wouldn’t focus, or they’d repeatedly do this one thing like scratch their ear or stare off into this one corner. Those were all indicators of someone not being okay. But hey, most people? They’d just take the face value words. They weren’t real listeners. There was a difference. Of course, Hide was definitely also a talker? He was loud. He was a talker and listener both. Basically he was good at all aspects of the people function thing.

But why was that important? Well, because he saw a girl by herself in this one super sweet cafe.

It was one of his favourite places to go to because it was just a six minute walk from work. He’d go there twice in a day - or three times when he had a headache. Once in the morning (and sometimes he’d pick up a drink for his coworkers), once on the way home, aaaand for the headache days he’d get some fresh air in lunch break and go get coffee then too. Today had been a mostly okay day to be honest; it was a week since the whole incident with his roomie….which, uh, well, still kind of weirded the shit out of him, but honestly not for the reasons Nakano probably thought. So he was an Ajin….uh, that was….fine? Nah the thing that weirded him out was, y’know, seeing his roommate covered in blood and being all like oh this is nothing. Yeah. That fucked him up a little. But work was back to normal - which basically meant him sitting in his chair groaning and flopping around, finished his workload three hours into the day. He seriously wished his boss would actually give him legit work - but, supposedly there was a super important case in the coming week that he was allowed to sit in for? So like, he was stoked.

So going into the cafe this afternoon when work closed out had him in an awesome mood.

That girl in the corner there, at the table by the window (seriously how more introspective and sad could you get?) looked the exact opposite of doing okay. So, Hide went about his rounds. First, he ordered a cheesy, white as hell frappuccino - because he was allowed to indulge himself, thank you, and being judged as “white girl trash” was totally fine by him. He was also a Japanese man with raging golden sunny hair so like, he didn’t give a hoot what people thought. When he had his drink, he scooted his way through the tables towards that one by the corner there, and tapped the wood gently. ”Heyo,” he chirped, keeping his voice kinda quiet - if she was introspecting she might not expect someone to speak up. He gave a little squinty-smile and a wave. ”Mind if I take a seat here? Uh, like only if it’s okay.”
coded by blair of shine & ooc

@HONGOU YUI | He didn't glomp her at least?
The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.
FUSHIGI YUUGI
human
STUDENT
MISSO (SHE/HER)
she/her
@NAGACHIKA HIDEYOSHI

Coffee was good for the soul, especially when one suddenly had a craving for something sweet and energizing. Unfortunately for Yui she had a bit of a ‘resting sad face’ exacerbated by her own inner turmoil. Maybe that’s why she was so easy to see through. On this day she passed by the cafe-lined street and had a very spur-of-the-moment desire to sit in some someplace warm and maybe rest a bit, soothing herself with coffee. These places were always on the way home, at least, so it wasn’t much of a detour to stop in and sit for a bit.

She hadn’t even been left long to her own devices. She got her coffee and took a seat by the window, doing what she did best: think. What else was she going to do? Could anyone blame her, really? She didn’t have many friends to hang out with at all, so it wasn’t as though she was going to side around and talk with them or, God forbid, talk to herself. So she sat there, thinking.

She actually hadn’t meant to appear as though she was moping. Not this time, anyway. There was a place for that, and public places that often held many people didn’t number among any of those places.

She heard him speak, and luckily she hadn’t been too deep in thought. She looked at him, eyes wide and confused, and then she glanced about the rest of the cafe before sending him a suspicious look. “There are plenty of other seats…”

But… he looked friendly enough. Her gut nagged at her to keep an eye on him. Just in case. He seemed bright like the sun, and she was at least safe here in public.

“... but if you want to, I guess I don’t really mind.” She moved her bag off the table and hung it on the back of her chair. “Any reason why you chose my table?”
Rabbits can die of loneliness, you know.
Tokyo Ghoul
Human
Detective Intern
Carma (Thing)
He/Him
Lights
will guide
you home
And ignite
your bones
And I will try to fix you
Mm-mmm~ Hide prided himself on his “sad person radar” abilities. He was super good at knowing when people - even people he didn’t know - were upset. Or at least, when they were troubled by something. See, there was this fine line - sometimes people were actually emotionally troubled and trying to keep it in, or they were just really really lost in what they were thinking about - which typically meant that they needed someone to get it out to anyway. But depending on which it was, it totally changed the approach he should take. With the girl he saw in the cafe today, it looked like she was one of the emotionally upset sorts. She seemed a bit off, and by her expression and exactly where she’d placed herself in the room eh could take a decent guess that something was bugging her.

That meant it was time for an intervention, Hide style.

He knew almost right away that he definitely had to take this one carefully because man oh man was that a sharp look. It was the “who are you stranger and why are you talking to me” look. Which meant that he couldn’t go about this how he normally would - subtle and unassuming. He’d have to be a little more direct with his intentions. None of the “oh haha I just kinda saw this seat and it was the first one so y’know” - no beating around the bush. He pressed his lips together as she indicated that there were other seats around.

Aha, perfect chance~

Hide stood up fully tall and let out an audible Hmmmm~. He then turned his head, bringing one hand up to eye level, and started looking around. ”Other seats...other seats…” he muttered it under his breath….juuust loud enough that she’d be able to hear, but quiet enough that it was clearly him “thinking aloud” as opposed to conversing. But just before he could deliver his awesome planned line, she interrupted with her own little question. Well...that was alright, he could just adjust his little performance a bit. He turned his gaze back to her with a smile, tapping his chin. ”Sure there’s other seats, and other tables, but none of the people at those tables have moody looking faces. I figured my obnoxious smile and personality could make this spot look more cheerful.” He plopped himself down with - fittingly - a bright, toothy smile. ”My name’s Hide. You may not see me again after today, I might wind up as just another face in the crowd, but I wanted you to know my name anyway.”
coded by blair of shine & ooc

@HONGOU YUI | Omfg pls golden son why are you this way
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE AND CAUTION
READ THE CBOX RULES. KEEP IT PG-13.