http://i.imgur.com/14BWPig.png
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register!
Hello, and welcome to GOSSAMER! If you're reading this, you either haven't logged in, or you haven't joined our game! Interested? Take a look around, read our information, and consider registering. We've been around a long time and will continue to be; we're here for you.

Gossamer is a panfandom roleplay forum for animated and illustrated media: this includes anime, manga, Western animation and comics, video games, visual novels, and more. We are hosted on Jcink Premium and are over 3 years old. Please register in ALL CAPITALS.

Add Reply
New Poll

never seen the sea, OPEN!
ELD JINN
 Posted: Feb 1 2017, 03:38 PM
ELD JINN
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
20 Post(s)
wildewall
ATTACK ON TITAN
HUMAN
TWENTY-EIGHT
HE/HIM
SCOUT & SOLDIER
HE'S BEEN WISHIN' HE WAS THE BEST AND THE BRIGHTEST, SCARED TO GIVE WHAT HE'S GOT, NO HE WOULDN'T GIVE IT AWAY; SELF-DEPRECATION, LACK OF MOTIVATION, STEALING HIS ALIVENESS; IN THE SILENCE LOVE ABOUNDS AND HAS ALREADY FILLED THE SPACES AND REPLACES THEM WITH GRACE IF HE WOULD ONLY STOP TO FEEL, TO SEE
as written by CASS
SHE/HER

Most people die but others just go

The ocean could be seen in Wildewall, Eld was told, though the path to it was long and dangerous. It wasn't the risk of bandits that deterred him (with his ODM gear, he was sure he would prove a challenging quarry, scarcely worth the hassle of a chase) but rather the sheer inconvenience an attempted hold-up would cause. Besides, the beach he would find there was apparently more of a wharf, where the stink of fish hung heavy and pungent on the air, the rot tainting the water close to shore.

That was why he chose Hialao. It wasn't uncommon for residents of other dimensions to spend a significant amount of time in this central hub, so at least he was in good company in that regard. Otherwise, he was perfectly alone. And excited, although the joy and anticipation he felt weren't reflected in his characteristically serious expression.

With time and exposure, Eld was getting used to trains, to their fierce speed and lulling, rocking movements along the track. The journey gave him time to reflect and to ponder. Working two jobs earned him more money than he knew what to do with but still he considered the possibility of a third. If only to keep busy, if only to fill his days and remain distracted. From the sorrows of the past, the confusion of the present and the uncertainty of the future.

Slung at his shoulders was a backpack and, inside, were the items he supposed he would need. The soldier felt oddly bare, wearing a short-sleeved shirt, cargo swimming shorts and flip-flops, with sunglasses pushed up and perched on his head. He was glad of them, however, when he finally reached his destination. Stepping out into the sunlight, he was struck first by the heat. Secondly, by the scent of salt, and the laughter of gulls reaching his ears.

Walking closer, his honey-brown eyes widened. The ocean was far larger than he had imagined - inconceivably so. Blue water stretched for as far as he could see, waves lapping lazily at the shore. Dumbfounded, with his hands tightening their grasp on his bag's straps, he made his way down onto the sand.

"Well, I'll be damned," Eld murmured softly to himself. For several long moments, he simply stood and stared, a hand raised to shield his eyes from the sun (already he had forgotten about his sunglasses) while other beach-goers milled around or languidly adjusted their positions on their towels.

TAG: open! | WORDS: 416 | NOTE(S): --- |
^
FIVE
 Posted: Feb 8 2017, 10:54 AM
FIVE
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
16 Post(s)
barrows
Drakengard 3
Intoner
Unknown
she/her/hers
Brothel Worker/Info Broker
No two people share the same fantasies. But I still want to build a better world. One filled with passion and... ecstasy. So really, One and I both want the same wonderful world, you know?
as written by Starry
she/her or he/him

Five tended to explore other dimensions fairly easily. She had to get around at times - find new customers to intrigue to the Barrows - but that wasn't always the reason. Sometimes she was just in the mood to get out, and this was one of those times. It wasn't a busy day, after all, and she could go for a small dip in the water. So the intoner had taken the train to Hialao, and decided to go to their beach.

It reminded her of home, in a way. Being the ruler of the Land of Seas, water brought her some level of contentment, and being surrounded by it always seemed to cleanse her. The train ride wasn't that long over - even if it felt like longer, considering how much she needed that cleansing feeling after...well, the usual.

So she'd gotten there, laid out a towel and umbrella with some sunscreen - just in case - and ended up walking towards the ocean, sinking down into it wordlessly. She could swim about in the ocean like it was nothing, no need to come up for air, considering her natural intoner abilities tended to lie towards the water side of the spectrum. Though she did eventually peek her head up, only to see a man staring, looking dumbfounded at the water.

The blonde resisted the urge to snicker, eventually ending up walking towards him. "...If I may be so rude as to speak up, sir." She began. "You do have a pair of sunglasses on your head, which makes the..." She copied his motion of shielding his eyes, a slightly catlike grin on her face. "That rather unnecessary, in my opinion - just in case you forgot. You are doing alright, aren't you?"

We don't mind sand in our stilettos. @ELD JINN
^
ELD JINN
 Posted: Feb 9 2017, 12:29 AM
ELD JINN
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
20 Post(s)
wildewall
ATTACK ON TITAN
HUMAN
TWENTY-EIGHT
HE/HIM
SCOUT & SOLDIER
HE'S BEEN WISHIN' HE WAS THE BEST AND THE BRIGHTEST, SCARED TO GIVE WHAT HE'S GOT, NO HE WOULDN'T GIVE IT AWAY; SELF-DEPRECATION, LACK OF MOTIVATION, STEALING HIS ALIVENESS; IN THE SILENCE LOVE ABOUNDS AND HAS ALREADY FILLED THE SPACES AND REPLACES THEM WITH GRACE IF HE WOULD ONLY STOP TO FEEL, TO SEE
as written by CASS
SHE/HER

There were so many experiences and new normalities Eld had yet to get used to. One was the fact that food was available on every street corner. Here, strange and familiar ingredients were brought together in ways he never could have imagined - and sold for next to nothing!

Another matter was the so-called ‘fashion’. Back home, clothes were practical and made to last. It was as simple as that. The military uniforms looked smart but they were also durable, allowing soldiers a full range of movement when undertaking difficult manoeuvres. In the heat of summer, civilian women might hitch their dresses a little higher but running about in undergarments (or items of clothing that could pass for such) was completely unheard of. Here, Eld was surrounded by exposed, sun-kissed skin. Not that he was complaining.

There was more to it than that, though. Where he had come from, people were coated in a thick veneer of fear, sorrow and despair. They never seemed as relaxed nor as happy as those apparently carefree souls currently milling about on the sand or frolicking in the shallows. For all these reasons and more, the beautiful blonde creature who emerged from the sea was all but alien to him.

Long, wet tresses framed a fair face that bore an expression of amusement and she was as scantily clad as the rest of the women who braved the fierce afternoon sun. Eld did a double-take, not only surprised to find she was approaching him but also by the fact she had called him sir. A rare occurrence in his experience, at least outside of the military.

For a moment, his confusion was apparent. Curious fingers reached to his head and felt the cool touch of the forgotten sunglasses that were still perched there. He groaned faintly with embarrassment and shifted his hand to pinch the bridge of his nose.

“I’d like to say I hadn’t forgot but…” Eld answered with a shrug of his shoulders, his hand dropping away to reveal an uncharacteristically sheepish grin. “I’m all right. It’s just that, where I come from, we don’t have…” For a moment his gaze slid past the woman, back to the ocean. So much water, stretching so far, so wide and so deep. “Well, anything like that. Not that I ever got to see anyway.” The smile that tugged his lips both Eld reached and crinkled the corners of his brown eyes, his attention returning to the voluptuous blonde. He offered her a strong hand - the very one that had led to his embarrassment - in greeting. “I’m Eld. I’m grateful you spoke up, otherwise I’d probably still be standing about like a fool.”

TAG: @FIVE | WORDS: 457 | NOTE(S): What a first impression! XD |
^
FIVE
 Posted: Feb 10 2017, 02:24 PM
FIVE
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
16 Post(s)
barrows
Drakengard 3
Intoner
Unknown
she/her/hers
Brothel Worker/Info Broker
No two people share the same fantasies. But I still want to build a better world. One filled with passion and... ecstasy. So really, One and I both want the same wonderful world, you know?
as written by Starry
she/her or he/him

At the motion she'd made, he'd looked downright dumbfounded until he reached and found his sunglasses, which didn't help her expression in all manner - oh, dear. Poor thing didn't know it until she would've spelled it out...but at least he got the hang of it eventually.

Five was far too used to interacting with slightly ashamed men - especially in her line of work, it wasn't an uncommon thing. So she wasn't particularly phased, but that didn't stop her amusement, either.. "I can understand that. From what I've heard, everyone in this strange mix of dimensions comes from all walks of life - where I was from, personally, we had nice beaches, but not so much time to relax at them. Monsters invading territories, that sort of thing." Which had become distressingly commonplace in that world. At any rate, he extended his hand and introduced himself as Eld.

"Pff. It's perfectly alright, dear." She took his hand, giving it a friendly shake. "My name is Five. Delighted to make your acquaintance." And, well, for once, she wasn't exactly sure where she wanted this conversation to go, just that it was amusing as is as she took her hand back gracefully, it at her side. "My, I do hope you brought--what do they call it here? Sunblock. Sunblock, too. That's a marvel of an invention. My old world lacked such a thing, and it's been a delight to use." Mostly because it'd led to a few sweet gentlemen rubbing her down, and occasionally a few of the more friendly ladies. Which she wasn't against in the least.

Probably was a good idea to remind the poor guy, too, since he still seemed some degree of out of his element. Which Five wasn't judging - if she were newer, she'd probably share a similar feeling. Probably. Though she tended to keep her natural wits and confidence about her no matter what - that was just what an intoner did.

Even if she'd gotten far too many questions about the 'intoner' thing, and her name, and it was difficult to explain those every time. Bleh.

We don't mind sand in our stilettos. @ELD JINN

^
ELD JINN
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 12:12 AM
ELD JINN
Application
Plotter
Wanted
Development
Awards
20 Post(s)
wildewall
ATTACK ON TITAN
HUMAN
TWENTY-EIGHT
HE/HIM
SCOUT & SOLDIER
as written by CASS
SHE/HER

While Eld was still new to this strange place, he already had a grasp of what the blonde was saying. Here, there existed a wild and unpredictable collection of motley souls from worlds unimaginable. Here, countless universes converged into one.

“Ah, I’m sorry to hear that,” Eld’s sympathy was genuine, as was the spark of interest he felt at the mention of her home world. “Where I’m from was - is - plagued by monsters too. I made my living fighting them.”

She slipped a slender-fingered hand into his, her skin damp and cool from the sea.

“Five,” Eld echoed, giving her hand a gentle squeeze. The impulse to ask whether she was named for the number lived and died, the question going unuttered for the time being. “The pleasure’s mine.”

Well now, it seemed sunblock was something to add to his ever-growing list of new normalities. The soldier shook his head lightly before speaking, a note of amusement in his voice. “I haven’t even mastered sunglasses yet. So no, no sunblock. Of course, it would help if I knew what it is.” The corner of Eld’s mouth lifted into a lopsided, vaguely roguish smile. “Care to educate me?”

TAG: @FIVE | WORDS: 211 | NOTE(S): - |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Add Reply
New Poll