G O S S A M E R .
MEMBERS
CHATBOX
TAGBOX
SEARCH
WELCOME TO OUR MULTIVERSE.
You've slipped through the ephemeral veil of gossamer that separates your own world from ours. It is a train which mysteriously brought you here. These trains also serve as our lifeblood by interconnecting our six dimensions.

Hialao is the nucleus, a modern, sunny and hospitable seaside realm; Wildewall is steeped in tradition, good for those with archaic roots and a taste for wilderness; Elestis is the fantasy land of ever-tumbling magic and whimsical imagination; Parse whirs like the massive digital machine that it is, advanced and technological.

Barrows is the breeding ground of chaos, with refrains of grunge and anachronistic crime; Tethya is the small but glorious underwater world reminiscent of Victorian times; and those who don't feel at home in any of these places, or simply like to wander, are known as Drifters.

We're a panfandom roleplay forum for animated and illustrated media: this includes anime, manga, Western animation and comics, video games, visual novels, and more. We are hosted on Jcink Premium and are over 3 and a half years old. Please register in ALL CAPITALS!

THE TAGBOX.

Add Reply
New Poll

Where Howls Go Unheard, Ruby/Sky
“I've always been nocturnal, so keeping watch wasn't hard for me. But I'm SO disappointed! These ghosts have the worst taste in treasure!”
Fire Emblem: Fates
wolfskin
night guardian
Rally (she/her)
she/her
Velouria did her best work at night. Moonlight had a way of reducing things to only their most important details. Her hearing wasn’t flooded with the ambient nonsense of human chatter. But on this night, she would have to suspend her hunt until the morning’s light. Strong was her night vision, but not strong enough to pierce through the veil of a snowstorm. Any edge her greater hearing might have gave was likewise nullified. She could hear not but the lonely, angry howls of the wind. And it was not as if touch or taste would give her any guidance.

She had started on this trail many hours ago. Typically, a Night Guardian’s boundaries did not extend beyond Iscantir. The nocturnal patrollers were a comfort of the city. However, this hellion had been of particular interest to her. A monster of the outskirts who ate upon the flesh of the sapient. The few survivors had been those too far from the creature to properly see it, so its physical appearance ranged considerably from story to story. With so few hard facts, it was unknown whether it was one creature or many of the same type.

Velouria lived for a challenge. The monsters that wouldn’t wet themselves upon seeing her other form. She would happily put an end to the terror for the sake of the safety of others, but it was all the better that it would test the limits of her own abilities. She could not coast. To be an alpha was a continuous cycle of proving dominance. But at this time, she could go no further. She would have to risk that it might widen its lead as it was better to risk a longer hunt than the dozens of risks she’d be taking if she continued on.

She placed the palms of her hands upon the pile of timber she had collected. Reaching inside of herself, she mustered up the birthright her mother had passed onto her. The branches of the trees held too much life and frozen water to be lit mundanely. But a Fire Tribeswoman’s magic was sufficient to overcome nature. It was not instant, but in time a fire was born. It would be easier to maintain than it had been to create.

The young wolf had been able to find a suitable shelter in the side of a hill. Situated at the mouth of the cavity, the fire crackled along as a symbol of warning to anything else looking to move in on her turf. Or maybe it would bring her predator to her and they could settle things before the new day.

As a girl, I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books. Someone who fought for what was right and protected people who couldn't protect themselves!
RWBY
Human
Vigilante
Sky (He/Him)
She/Her
What am I doing out here?

Ruby had asked herself this multiple times at this point. She had ended up in Elestis after she had found a job listing that she could take up. Some creatures were terrorizing the locals, something that she specialized in taking care of. She had found, so far at least, that it wasn't hard to take out most of the creatures that she had come across. Sure, the Griffin was an interesting encounter, but she was still able to handle it.

Grimm had taught her many combat techniques to use against creatures of most kinds. Even the more intelligent ones she could take on. The girl shook her head, looking up from under her hood, the shadows cast across her face revealing only her mouth, especially due to the storm. Cold... It's cold out here. The girl shook her head, shaking off the thought quickly. The sooner she got this job done, the sooner she could return to Weiss and at least attempt to give her the information she probably would want on the beasts.

Just as she had been thinking about Weiss, her eyes landed on a soft glow in the distance, her eyes narrowing a little. Fire? Why would there be a fire out in this kind of storm? More importantly, who did the fire belong to. The reports she'd gathered didn't say that the creatures were that intelligent, did they? If so what was she getting herself into this time? If they could make fire.... that was way out of her pay grade. She sighed a bit and glanced down at her belt, noting the lightness of it. I need to get dust made though...

She sighed a bit, making her way towards the glow, slowly pulling out her scythe, feeling it transform at the push of a button. If they weren't hostile, this would be moot, but it never hurt to be prepared for the worst, right? But as the girl neared she paused, Crescent Rose dropping to her side. "A Faunus...?" she asked unknowingly out loud, her hood finally being blown off by the wind, her silver eyes peering curiously at the other girl.

“I've always been nocturnal, so keeping watch wasn't hard for me. But I'm SO disappointed! These ghosts have the worst taste in treasure!”
wolfskin
night guardian
Rally (she/her)
she/her
The more fatigued weighed on her, the more the fire played tricks on her eyes. The heat had brought her body away from a sense of caution. It gave it the peace to doze, but also the freedom to focus on other things. As alarm competed with lethargy, her concerns were justified. Someone with a weapon had found her hidey hole. While hard to be sure, she seemed to be a girl about her age. Smaller than her, but armed with a nasty looking weapon. And clothed in a stylish outfit. So her possible assailant wasn’t all bad.

”A Faunus? Is that supposed to be me?” She asked, her ears shifting as she grimaced at the unknown word. She had been exposed to a lot of words for non-humans, but never that one. Most called her a werewolf. Uppity aristocrats prefered lycanthrope. But Faunus was new. Assuming it was a word meant to describe her and not something else, she braced herself for it be derogatory or the label of a type of monster. Perhaps she had become the intended prey of another hunter. She was a scary thing. It made sense.

”I’m a Night Guardian from Elestis,” she explained, reaching into her pouch for her beaststone, ”I’m hunting a dangerous monster. If you’re here to fight me, you shouldn’t have come alone.”

The cave didn’t have any exits large enough for her aside from the one the stranger was entering from. She was effectively cornered. But that was okay. She could handle herself. The beaststone’s magic tickled her hand as she curled her fingers around it. She didn’t stand, but her shifted form could pounce easily from a quadrupedal position.

@RUBY ROSE
As a girl, I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books. Someone who fought for what was right and protected people who couldn't protect themselves!
RWBY
Human
Vigilante
Sky (He/Him)
She/Her
Ruby blinked at the girl's reaction, lowering the scythe more before flipping the switch to turn it back into it's carry form, the ever present sound of the transformation echoing in the cave as she slipped it back across her back, looking back as she slid it away only to freeze at her accusation. She looked back at her, shaking her head and holding up her hands. "Nonononono, I'm not here to fight. And Faunus isn't a bad thing, it's just what people with animal features go by back in my world." She winced a bit as she realized it may not sound as reassuring as she wanted it to sound.

"I don't mean it in a derogatory sense... Look, I'm just out here," she said, moving her now outstretched arms to one side as she spoke, "searching for some creature or creatures that have been terrorizing the people. I didn't expect the fire or the snow storm," she said as she moved her arms over to the opposite side, "so I got curious and followed the light." She held up her hands, smiling a little nervously.

"If you're out here hunting them too then maybe we can work together? I'm not trying to fight you or anything."

@VELOURIA
wolfskin
night guardian
Rally (she/her)
she/her
Velouria eased herself slowly into a standing position, allowing her hand to unclasp the beaststone. Despite the fire and her own cold adaptation, the warmth lost from the new position was unfortunate. People were hard to trust. All types of people. This one sounded genuine, but she didn’t want to be the idiot who died because she was too trusting.

”There are people like me where you come from?” she asked with a honed interest, her tail beginning to wag despite her desire to seem collected. She had spent so little time with anyone like her back home. The wolves and foxes were wrapped in a war… The only dragons were Corrin and Kana. She wanted to ask more about these Faunus. She wanted to meet them and smell them.

”I don’t really… hunt with anyone anymore,” she confessed, ”And you don’t know if I’m a friend, either. I could want to eat you, you know,” she said, trying to get a read on her potential partner. ”It could be a long night.”

Her tone was a tad confused. She was anxious and excited. Worried and sad that it might not happen. But resolved to be strong either way.

@RUBY ROSE
RWBY
Human
Vigilante
Sky (He/Him)
She/Her
Ruby kept her more relaxed stance, looking at the girl as she stood up, tilting her head a bit at the motion. The girl didn't have to stand up, she looked warm in the position she had been in. Ruby shivered a bit despite herself, rubbing her arms, her cloak moving with the motion as she let it rest back around her body. She listened to the girl a bit, nodding at her question. "I mean, most don't have both ears and tails, either one or the other. Or in some cases horns... but yes. One of my tea- .... friends is a cat faunus. She has cute little cat ears."

She shifted a bit at the next words, her shoulders visibly sagging in slight disappointment. So she didn't want to hunt with her? Now the question was being asked as to why she could see her as friendly? The girl shivered a bit as she tried to figure out the right words, despite the girl also wondering why she hadn't dressed warmer. A skirt was not a smart idea in this kind of weather, not a smart one at all.

"Well... I mean I like to give everyone a chance, even if the last time I did so I ended up seeing.... some bad things happen to those close to me. Oh, and the wagging of your tail. And if you really wanted to hurt me wouldn't you have pounced by now?" she questioned, tilting her head a bit at the girl.

"I doubt you could catch me anyways if I needed to flee from you. Few can keep up with me.

@VELOURIA
wolfskin
night guardian
Rally (she/her)
she/her
It seemed her dwelling-mate had ignored or misunderstood the end of her warning. No matter how fast someone was awake, they were a lot slower while they slept. Likewise, strength and perception were taken out of the picture. And that’s how predators worked. They fought when they could win most easily. Flesh tasted better when it was taken without getting knotted up from exertion. If this girl didn’t appreciate these, then she couldn’t have been a hunter for long.

Velouria frowned and closed the distance between them. ”My tail isn’t wagging,” she denied sharply, despite the appendage clearly being mobile, ”And even when it does, that doesn’t always mean I’m happy. It just means I’m excited.” She moved as close as she could, hoping to get right on the other so she could take in her scent. The best place was along the neck, but access was always an issue.

As she moved, she breathed deeply. Each breath stoked her inner fire, radiating out more heat. Her eyes glowed, the radiance magnified by the reflective nature of a nocturnal eye. Hunter or not, humans were not made of hardy stuff. ”Don’t know what you can or can’t do, but it’d be bad if you froze on me. I’m no hero, but I’m not a baddie, either.”

”Remember that tomorrow when we find the bad things and I do bad things to them,” she requested, focusing her lit up orbs at her temporary partner. Good girls didn't let others get hurt, so she would have to accept this team up for both of their sakes. .

@RUBY ROSE
RWBY
Human
Vigilante
Sky (He/Him)
She/Her
Ruby tilted her head at the girl's statement. "A hero doesn't need to do good things all the time, they do the right thing." She smiled a bit at the other girl as she moved, making no threatening movements herself. Saying that she was going to do bad things to what she was hunting highly amused the girl. That was the whole point of being a huntress, killing things in order to protect the innocent people who can't do so themselves.

Protectors, that's what they really were. They weren't there to fight for someone else's agenda, for the most part at least. That depended solely on the person's decisions. Ruby herself just wanted to keep people safe and keep them happy, always looking for the better of a person's life. If that meant downing a creature or two that was what she had to do. Humans, on the other hand, she wasn't quite sure about. Fighting a person to the death wasn't something she planned on doing, and this girl before her was intelligent and obviously human-like. Even if she wasn't a Faunus, like she had originally assumed, that didn't make her any different from herself.

They were both out here protecting people after all.

"Well if you weren't going to I was. The bounty was a slaying bounty, and it's not really doing bad things if it's to protect people... at least in my opinion." She smiled at the girl a bit rubbing her arms as she scooted a little closer tot he fire.

@VELOURIA
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE AND CAUTION
READ THE CBOX RULES. KEEP IT PG-13.