welcome to goss!
Countless intangible veils separate all universes from each other - and from ours. The fabric of space and time is at its faintest, like gossamer, at these proximate points we share with all other realities. Interdimensional castaways are drawn to safety and arrive on a train in our core world, Hialao. The train system also serves as our lifeblood by connecting five other worlds to Hialao.

With the dimensional displacements not yet showing signs of slowing, and research forever futile on how to leave (besides those who simply vanish, falling back through the invisible curtain), it's impossible to say who might arrive and how they might shape this fragile series of lands, eras and cultures. Good luck out there.

Our application template was made by Juliannacodes exclusively for Gossamer. Thanks to kismet for the sidebar cookie script. Icons courtesy of Ionicons. Banner art by Pixiv user ID #122500. Free pixel icon resources sourced from various places such as pvstels, 7soul1, The Infamous Bon Bon, neonvamp, and more.

Site premise was formed by the original staff of Gossamer - Alida, Prince, Rebecca, Morgan, and Tera, who created the dimensions of Elestis, Hialao, Parse, Barrows, and Wildewall, respectively. Additionally, Tethya was the result of a site event and was created by a former member, Velvet.

Gossamer's genre-based multi-world concept must not be duplicated or mirrored elsewhere without express permission from the current owner and staff. Member-made content belongs to its respective creators. DO NOT RIP, INSPIRE, RECREATE, OR STEAL ANY PART OF THIS SITE.

GOSSAMER
PANFANDOM ANIMATION & ILLUSTRATION . JCINK PREMIUM . 3 YEARS OLD
KEEP IT CLASSY, FOLKS!

effective until august 20th • please register your accounts in all capital letters
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

protag's antags 2.0, hopefully google doesn't find this too
Even now, to tell the truth, I get tired of all the problems. Sometimes I think it'd be easier if everyone and everything were just destroyed.
Tales of Symphonia
Human / Angel
odd-jobber
Protag (she/her)
he/him
positive
  • loyal
  • brave
  • level-headed
  • realistic
  • self-sacrificing
negative
  • secretive
  • crafty
  • mistrustful
  • obnoxious
  • surprisingly shy
villainy
A spy working for Cruxis for his own self-gain. He infiltrates Lloyd Irving's group as well as Yuan Ka-Fai's rebel organization as a double agent. Through Lloyd's friendship, he later realizes the end that he wants and betrays Cruxis, helping to change the fate of the two worlds.
conception
People have their own ideas and experiences that their perspectives are built on. It's why some may see certain stances better than others or even understand issues that are hard to imagine for another. But telling the story of how I wrote Zelos inevitably involves me talking about my impression of how he's famously written.

I've never actually read applications or even posts of other Zelos Wilder's until that one time I did in some old, dead site. To me, that Zelos was portrayed too dramatically and woefully, someone too hung up on the past and repeating the same habits he swore to stop. It wasn't what actually made me decide to pick Zelos later on. It was only because of his small likeness to Tyrion Lannister when my rage for A Song of Ice and Fire was at its highest and I wanted to see how my writing would translate to roleplaying after spending months polishing it that I thought of Zelos again. But the desire in me to portray him in a more light-hearted, hopeful light is what pushed me to go for it.

Zelos was also someone I felt was outside of my concern. I was piss poor with flirtatious characters that I could only get second-hand embarrassment for myself. He was also very street-smart and open to interacting with all walks of life with an open mind. He was very privileged by birth, but neglected and betrayed, forced to navigate through complex lies and facades using his wits and suspicious thinking. I felt he was a very easy character to interact with and I wanted to write him as this day-to-day person you would meet anywhere.

Making Zelos a drifter was more of an influence because of his job: an odd-jobber, another choice that I did not feel was popular. He would fit in as a cafe waiter or some social job where he could run his big mouth to others. But while inherently lazy, Zelos was not one to abandon his obligations just as his father and mother did. He left his world that was still in a political turmoil and a younger sister who no longer had an Exsphere to help her everyday life. Zelos was restless and not being tied to a job and dimension meant that he could go around looking for ways to return. Even in canon, Zelos has always been traveling around, never idle or staying home with no purpose. Though I bet, ideally, that kind of life was exactly what he would love. Alas, there was a world to save from itself.

My desire to portray Zelos realistically also included his absolutely disgusting sexual harassment. The game did a great job showing racism and how even the protagonists could be victims of the social consciousness. While this for sure was something I portray humorously, I look forward to Zelos getting more enlightened and changing some of his ways some more. But then you ask what motivated Zelos to act like this, and so I felt this emptiness he was trying to fill by messing around with women was something that should be touched upon too, especially with the important role his mother played on his life.

Lastly, probably the most controversial decision I had to make was Zelos' sexuality. From the drama CDs, it was confirmed that Zelos was interested in Sheena and was already planning on making a move on her when the time was right. He made it clear in an arrogant manner that he wasn't interested in dealing with men either. But then, boom, Lloyd happened.

Maybe the biggest debate among Zelos RPers was whether or not Zelos loved Lloyd in a romantic or platonic way. With no sexual attraction being as clear with how Zelos interacts with Sheena, it was really impossible to say for sure. But for me, I think the most important telling sign was Zelos' lack of interest to pursue anything more than friendship. That in itself - that conscious decision to initiate or to expect - was a strong enough of a hint that Zelos saw Lloyd as a special buddy. I could understand the level of bond between the two, but when I think of, "Can this relationship be something else?" the instant answer is, "Nah." The pursuit of romantic relations wasn't necessarily sexual, but just the partnership of it, the eternally-faithful stuff.

No ranks. No history. No lineage. No race. No gender. No names. Nothing. No ties to bind us. We fight for no one. It's so comforting.
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Human / Homunculus
teacher / vigilante
Protag (she/her)
he/him
positive
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
negative
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
villainy
Bacon ipsum dolor amet kielbasa cow rump, shoulder doner ham leberkas. Landjaeger pork cow boudin shoulder prosciutto spare ribs cupim alcatra jerky burgdoggen drumstick corned beef. Landjaeger boudin pork belly tail burgdoggen pancetta meatloaf leberkas porchetta meatball. Pork belly ham bacon, ball tip sirloin shoulder kevin short loin prosciutto biltong andouille meatball alcatra jerky jowl.
trivia
Help me if you can It's just that this, this is not the way I'm wired So could you please, Help me understand why You've given in to all these Reckless dark desires You're lying to yourself again Suicidal imbecile Think about it, you're pounding on the fault line What'll it take to get it through to you precious I'm over this. Why do you wanna throw it away like this? Such a mess.

Why would I want to watch you, Disconnect and self destruct one bullet at a time? What's your rush now, everyone will have his day to die Medicated, drama queen, picture perfect, numb belligerence Narcissistic, drama queen, craving fame and all its decadence Lying through your teeth again Suicidal imbecile Think about it, you're pounding on the fault line What'll it take to get it through to you precious Go with this, why do you wanna throw it away like this Such a mess. Why would I wanna watch you... Disconnect and self destruct one bullet at a time? What's your rush now, everyone will have his day to die They were right about you They were right about you

Lying to my face again Suicidal imbecile Think about, you're pounding on the fault line What'll it take to get it through to you precious I'm over this. Why do you wanna throw it away like this Such a mess, over this, over this! Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet at a time What's your hurry, everyone will have his day to die If you choose to pull the trigger, should your drama prove sincere, Do it somewhere far away from here
You were born with nothing. So you've had to struggle and connive and claw your way to power. But true power, the divine right to rule, is something you're born with.
human
priestess
protag (she/her)
she/her
positive
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
negative
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
villainy
Bacon ipsum dolor amet kielbasa cow rump, shoulder doner ham leberkas. Landjaeger pork cow boudin shoulder prosciutto spare ribs cupim alcatra jerky burgdoggen drumstick corned beef. Landjaeger boudin pork belly tail burgdoggen pancetta meatloaf leberkas porchetta meatball. Pork belly ham bacon, ball tip sirloin shoulder kevin short loin prosciutto biltong andouille meatball alcatra jerky jowl.
trivia
Help me if you can It's just that this, this is not the way I'm wired So could you please, Help me understand why You've given in to all these Reckless dark desires You're lying to yourself again Suicidal imbecile Think about it, you're pounding on the fault line What'll it take to get it through to you precious I'm over this. Why do you wanna throw it away like this? Such a mess.

Why would I want to watch you, Disconnect and self destruct one bullet at a time? What's your rush now, everyone will have his day to die Medicated, drama queen, picture perfect, numb belligerence Narcissistic, drama queen, craving fame and all its decadence Lying through your teeth again Suicidal imbecile Think about it, you're pounding on the fault line What'll it take to get it through to you precious Go with this, why do you wanna throw it away like this Such a mess. Why would I wanna watch you... Disconnect and self destruct one bullet at a time? What's your rush now, everyone will have his day to die They were right about you They were right about you

Lying to my face again Suicidal imbecile Think about, you're pounding on the fault line What'll it take to get it through to you precious I'm over this. Why do you wanna throw it away like this Such a mess, over this, over this! Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet at a time What's your hurry, everyone will have his day to die If you choose to pull the trigger, should your drama prove sincere, Do it somewhere far away from here
[That] I am on this journey to come to some realization. And in order to do so, I think I’m supposed to live my life to the fullest, even if it is in this muddled world of dream and reality.
Trusty Bell: Chopin's Dream
Human (Dream world)
musician
protag (she/her)
he/him
positive
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
negative
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
villainy
trivia

What do results gained in the wrong way leave you in the end? Just regret and an emptiness that has nowhere to go.
Code Geass
Human
council member
Protag (she/her)
he/him
positive
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
negative
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
villainy
trivia

I will not judge you people. Because I know now...I'm facing enemies that lost all will to fight, and I'm moving for the sake of violence. There's no actual reason... This kind of freedom is strong, I'm much freer than all of you... Why? Because I've lost my limits. I've obtained loss!
mob psycho 100
human
student / errand runner
protag (she/her)
he/him
positive
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
negative
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
villainy
trivia

Even now, to tell the truth, I get tired of all the problems. Sometimes I think it'd be easier if everyone and everything were just destroyed.
Tales of Symphonia
Human / Angel
odd-jobber
Protag (she/her)
he/him
positive
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
negative
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
villainy
trivia

Tales of Symphonia
Human / Angel
odd-jobber
Protag (she/her)
he/him
positive
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
negative
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
villainy
trivia

My friend, my pride, my ideal knight. If you had seen it fit to commit such actions, they must have good cause. I believe in their justness.
FATE/ZERO
HEROIC SPIRIT
vigilante
PROTAG (SHE/HER)
SHE/HER, HE/HIM
positive
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
negative
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
villainy
trivia

Tales of Symphonia
Human / Angel
odd-jobber
Protag (she/her)
he/him
positive
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
negative
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
villainy
trivia

Tales of Symphonia
Human / Angel
odd-jobber
Protag (she/her)
he/him
positive
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
negative
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
villainy
trivia

Tales of Symphonia
Human / Angel
odd-jobber
Protag (she/her)
he/him
positive
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
negative
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
villainy
trivia

Tales of Symphonia
Human / Angel
odd-jobber
Protag (she/her)
he/him
positive
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
negative
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
villainy
trivia

Tales of Symphonia
Human / Angel
odd-jobber
Protag (she/her)
he/him
positive
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
negative
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
villainy
trivia

Tales of Symphonia
Human / Angel
odd-jobber
Protag (she/her)
he/him
idk i counted wrong. this is the post that i thought would be first in the second page.

edit: i guess i'll just put a skit in this
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll