welcome to goss!
Countless intangible veils separate all universes from each other - and from ours. The fabric of space and time is at its faintest, like gossamer, at these proximate points we share with all other realities. Interdimensional castaways are drawn to safety and arrive on a train in our core world, Hialao. The train system also serves as our lifeblood by connecting five other worlds to Hialao.

With the dimensional displacements not yet showing signs of slowing, and research forever futile on how to leave (besides those who simply vanish, falling back through the invisible curtain), it's impossible to say who might arrive and how they might shape this fragile series of lands, eras and cultures. Good luck out there.

Our application template was made by Juliannacodes exclusively for Gossamer. Thanks to kismet for the sidebar cookie script. Icons courtesy of Ionicons. Banner art by Pixiv user ID #122500. Free pixel icon resources sourced from various places such as pvstels, 7soul1, The Infamous Bon Bon, neonvamp, and more.

Site premise was formed by the original staff of Gossamer - Alida, Prince, Rebecca, Morgan, and Tera, who created the dimensions of Elestis, Hialao, Parse, Barrows, and Wildewall, respectively. Additionally, Tethya was the result of a site event and was created by a former member, Velvet.

Gossamer's genre-based multi-world concept must not be duplicated or mirrored elsewhere without express permission from the current owner and staff. Member-made content belongs to its respective creators. DO NOT RIP, INSPIRE, RECREATE, OR STEAL ANY PART OF THIS SITE.

GOSSAMER
PANFANDOM ANIMATION & ILLUSTRATION . JCINK PREMIUM . 3 YEARS OLD
KEEP IT CLASSY, FOLKS!

effective until august 20th • please register your accounts in all capital letters

Add Reply
New Poll

TEMPORARY RULE WAIVER, last day: august 20th
DAE
LIFE AS WE KNOW WOULD BE SO DIFFERENT HAD OUR PATHS CONTINUED THE SAME. THE ROAD IS OPEN; WE FIND OUR WAY THROUGH TIES WHERE BROKEN. TO MOVE ALONG FROM WHERE WE'D BEEN, I'LL SING THIS SONG FOR YOU AGAIN. I'M LOOKING UP AROUND THE BEND; WE'RE SO MUCH STRONGER THAN BEFORE, OUR FRAYING EDGES ON THE MEND.
GOSSAMER STAFF
GOSS DAD
CHUUYA'S #1 FAN
DAE (HE / HIM)
HE / HIM
temp rule waiver
Hello, Gossamer community!

For a limited time only, we have decided to significantly lighten the requirements for making and reserving new characters after your first one. (These are found under "XIII. MAKING ADDITIONAL CHARACTERS" of our Rules topic). This is effectively a rule waiver, but some small restrictions and guidelines still apply.

- Only ONE character reserve and in-progress/finished/pending app (each for the same character) is allowed at any one time.

- Your next character may ONLY be reserved and posted in in-progress/finished after you have made ONE in-character post with your previous one and also created their plotter.

- Do not pre-emptively make multiple character accounts to unofficially 'hold' the characters you want. Keep it to what the usual rules recommend, only one or two at a time.

- ALL of your characters, including existing characters and new ones you make from henceforth, must make activity checks like usual. So if you take on half a dozen new characters, expect to be capable of keeping up with them. In that vein:

- Know your own limits. This opportunity is provided to the site only on rare occasions, and at times when we think we and the members can handle it and benefit from it. Take on only what you can handle, and try not to app characters on a whim only to drop them out of lost interest or struggling activity in a few weeks.

That's it! Please personal message me, @LEENA, or @HIPPO if you have any questions about this announcement. Happy character-making!

DAE
LIFE AS WE KNOW WOULD BE SO DIFFERENT HAD OUR PATHS CONTINUED THE SAME. THE ROAD IS OPEN; WE FIND OUR WAY THROUGH TIES WHERE BROKEN. TO MOVE ALONG FROM WHERE WE'D BEEN, I'LL SING THIS SONG FOR YOU AGAIN. I'M LOOKING UP AROUND THE BEND; WE'RE SO MUCH STRONGER THAN BEFORE, OUR FRAYING EDGES ON THE MEND.
GOSSAMER STAFF
GOSS DAD
CHUUYA'S #1 FAN
DAE (HE / HIM)
HE / HIM
Updating with a couple more rules:

- The plotter posted up to meet requirements cannot be a WIP/incomplete plotter, nor very low-effort or hastily done.

- This also goes for the IC post. It cannot be a "reserved" post or "I'll write this later", or obviously low-effort. Technology posts do not count.

- While being on an official absence/hiatus does not preclude one from this temporary perk, we will keep an eye on things to make sure we feel each individual is not overloading themselves or taking unfair advantage of the rule waiver.
DAE
GOSSAMER STAFF
GOSS DAD
CHUUYA'S #1 FAN
DAE (HE / HIM)
HE / HIM
Hello everyone!

This waiver will be over on the 20th of this month. Existing reservations that were made within the waiver will remain (and still apply to the character) until they expire, even if it is after the 20th.

However, any application that is finished after the 20th will only be reviewed if NORMAL ACTIVITY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS are met, not the exclusions of the waiver.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll